We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Riviera Paradise in morning, so excited

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Riviera Paradise in morning, so excited

My family of 5 leaves tomorrow for ORP. We have been to their sister resort OCT before and cannot wait to go. Big graduation trip for our daughter. We are staying for two weeks in privilege as part of our big family grad trip. Hubby, D18 and D12 going on deep sea fishing trip. D18 and I are doing an all day Tulum and Coba trip. Whole family is doing Captain Hook, again. We always rent a car and will do some running around.

I'm so excited. Not thrilled about the seaweed situation but that is mother nature. Expecting a little rain but that's okay we always find something to do. I will try to do a review and trip report when I return.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
4 replies to this topic
Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Riviera Paradise in morning, so excited

Y'all will have the time of your life!

Waco, Texas, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Riviera Paradise in morning, so excited

I am here until Friday!! We are loving it! Already raining this morning but it is still lovely. Every room has an umbrella :)

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Riviera Paradise in morning, so excited

I'm so jealous

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,633 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Riviera Paradise in morning, so excited

The beach (Xcalacoco) has been gorgeous most of the past week, the sargassum comes and goes. The water entry is rocky in some areas so water shoes are a good idea anywhere in the Riviera Maya. There is a potential for more rain this week due to a disturbance coming up from Honduras, but that should pass quickly. As VCSD notes in the attached link, you can pretty much ignore the daily weather forecast during the rainy season, but you will certainly have some nice weather after you arrive.

Enjoy your stay!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g49944…

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
Reply to: Ocean Riviera Paradise in morning, so excited
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted