We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
869 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question

I'm staying at Sandos Caracol. We we planning to visit Playacar resort for part of the day. I understand I can not eat at the ala cart restaurants. I believe we can at the buffet. Can I eat at the speciality cupcake restaurant anyone know?

Mentioned in this post
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort
14,194 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
354 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
6 replies to this topic
Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question

Yes. The Al a Carte restaurants are at night so that's why you probably cannot eat at those.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
797 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question

If you have Messenger, you can message them directly and ask, I am sure you can, as well as Chayita the burrito place next to the Cupcake Cafe. They are good about answering back promptly.

Edited: 7:47 am, June 07, 2018
Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question

I've never stayed at Caracol, so I can't answer your question, but if you can eat at the burrito place, I highly recommend it. It's excellent!

Dalgety Bay, Fife
Level Contributor
102 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question

I’m here now at Sandos Playacar and went to Sandos Caracol today so we checked the rules. You can eat lunch and dinner anywhere but not breakfast. We used the Italian al a carte at Thexsisyer hotel today for lunch. Everything is included except the taxi fare! Just remember to take your towel cards and get the towels at reception when you arrive so you get the right card fs back!

Mentioned in this post
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort
Sandos Playacar Beach...
14,409 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
14,194 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,750 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question

"You can eat lunch and dinner anywhere but not breakfast. "

See. Go there after Xplor.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question

We have more that a dozen combined visits at both resorts. You'll have access to the buffet which is fairly new and very nice. I know it's down on paper somewhere the "no visiting until after 11" or something like that but we go fairly early in the morning and have never had an issue. Of course the buffet serves breakfast as well. You'll also have access to the Cupcake Cafe, Chyita (burrito bar) and the snack hut on the beach (burgers, hotdogs, fries, etc). I say it's worth a visit just to see the beach which is fabulous. Enjoy your vacation!

Reply to: Sister resort to Caracol, Sandos Playacar question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted