We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disco at every IB resort?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich MA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Disco at every IB resort?

Can anyone clear up for me exactly where the discos are within the 6 IB resorts near PDC? (Tucan, Quezal, Beach, Del Mar, Lindo, and Maya). We have a 19yo who would enjoy age-appropriate evening entertainment, and I would rather have him stay right in the resort area most nights vs. grabbing a cab or bus to downtown PDC. Thank you!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Disco at every IB resort?

We stayed at the IB Tucan and the Mascara Disco is right there. It was loaded with young adults last week....but I think it was Michigan's spring break yet....but there were kids there from all over the world.....and all of them were having fun. Yes there were some that were "foaming over" as the wait staff was filling us in on her job......we stayed at the bar though and didn't dance much as the crowd and the music was more their style. The bartender "luis" was great and so was Victor....

I was told to go down town at least one night but we didn't make it....I guess the Blue Parot and then the other hot spots like Senoir Frogs & Carlos & Charlies and the bar with the swings are fun too......we're going to try that next time I hope.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Disco at every IB resort?

When I said "right there" I mean....right next to the Queztel's lobby...the Tucan lobby is right around the corner, but it's all inside the guarded front gate.

Plano, TX
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disco at every IB resort?

There is one disco for the IB Pariaso comples (del Mar, Beach, Lindo and Maya). It's located at the del Mar and from what I've been told, your 19 year old will find lots of people his own age there (it's apparently mostly teens). There is also a Melody Bar in the Maya lobby that has a dance floor and some people refer to it as a disco, although I understand it's much tamer than the del Mar disco. Hope this helps.