We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What does everyone wear on the Plane?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
What does everyone wear on the Plane?

Were leaving this Thursday to go to Reef Coco Beach, we live in Wisconsin so we have to leave at 5:00a.m to be at the Rockford airport by 6:00 am for our flight which leaves at 9:00 a.m.

I figure it may be cool when we leave should I wear shorts or pants.

Does everyone dress real casual or should we wear something a little nicer?

What does everyone else wear

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

If it's still cool in WI, maybe capri pants would be a good compromise! Believe me, I've seen everything on the planes....incredibly short shorts, to jeans and sweatpants! We were just at the Reef Cocobeach in March. Met some nice ladies from WI! We had a great time, you'll love it!

marshfield, ma
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

I too was at Reef Coco Beach in March. I wore very light sweat pants on the plane with a tee shirt. It was very warm when we arrived and even though the airport is air conditioned, within minutes it doesn't feel like it.

I am so jealous that you are going. We had such a great time there at the Reef. We cant wait to go back. Any questions, please feel free to as me

wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

Sec what did you wear or see women wearing in the two restaurants at coco beach

wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

beachbrat

We are so excited I can't wait. I had my last tanning appointment today. I noticed that they say we are going to have scattered rain for thursday and friday. Does it really rain like it would here or is it like florida in the summer and you still can do things

marshfield, ma
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

Before we went the weather report was also saying that it was going to rain. We never saw a drop. There were a couple of passing clouds here and there but they were very welcome. It was about 90 every day. I bet you won't see any rain.

A fun thing we did was walk to the right of the resort about 10 minutes and you will come to the Shangri-La Resort. They have a webcam set up on the beach and we told our friend and family we would be there at a certain time and they logged on and saw us. When I returned to work, they had actually printed a picture of us on the beach. Pretty cool.

Michigan
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

I plan on dressing in layers. Capri's, t-shirt, and a cardigan with sandals. I leave for ASP on April 20th

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

I take a carry on and change into a pr of shorts on the plane, We leave from a cold climate so I start out in jeans,. I know the cancun airport is hot. I wear a tank top under a long sleeve top. take off layers as I arrive.

Boston
Level Contributor
51 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

I'm from a cold climate also - I wear capris, shirt and sandals with a light jacket when I leave the house. Then I stuff the jacket into my baggage before I check in. Same thing in reverse for the way back. The most important thing my husband and I do is to wear something very beachy like a hawaiian shirt, etc. so everyone will know that we're going somewhere warm!

marshfield, ma
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

Jsja2 - FYI - Buy all of your sunscreen products before you leave. We found ourselves running out and the cheapest we could find anywhere was NO-AD sunscreen for $20.00 (US). VERY expensive. Buy double. You will use it

Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What does everyone wear on the Plane?

beachbrat thanks for the lotion tip. I will buy more, I have 4 kids and 2 adults to keep from burning. I am going to wear Capris with a tank top and wear a light jacket over, same with the kids. Oh and nice sandals to go with! Can just wrap jacket about waists when we get to Cancun! I can't believe we leave next week, it has been so long anticipating it. But it is fun waiting and something to look forward to with the family! Have a wonderful time everyone!