We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

Anyone get bumped to different hotel with Apple? I am getting bumped up to different hotel, but they claim they can not get me new documents before my trip, that all the new info will be at new hotel and manifests in Mexico...I am very nervous...any one have any experience with this?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Maryland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

Sorry, to hear that. I'm staying at the Iberostar Maya through Apple next week. Fortunately, I was just able to confirm my reservation directly through the hotel via email. What hotel are you stayinga t? Maybe try getting a direct email confirmation from the hotel. At least then you'll have something in writing. Why can't Apple fax stuff to you?

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
5,264 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

Since I am leaving Monday 4/18 the travel agent says they will not submit new documents. I am freaking out, I dont want to get downt here and have this hotel say, oh sorry, we are full too, or worse yet, no one have me down and then I will have no place to stay...I am currently e-mailing hotel and waiting for response.

Littleton, CO
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

I find that strange that apple won't resubmit the documents. Have you tried contacting Apple yourself instead of going through your travel agent? My mom's fiance lost his documents and had to have them resubmitted the day before their trip and they were at the airport waiting for him when he checked in with Apple (in the US).

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

I would insist my travel agent at least get a confirmation letter from apple by fax. Something with the details. Where were you going and where did they bump you to?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

I did get a fax confirmation from my agent, who got it from apple. I was bumped from Club El Mandarin, to XPU Ha, which I hear is overbooked all the time!! I am so nervous about this. Anyone have a direct phone # for Apple? I can probably find it, but if anyone has it, would be helpful!!

Mentioned in this post
Xpu-Ha
Xpu-Ha
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

Do you realize how far south xpu-ha is?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

Are you happy with being moved to Xpu-ha? Apple should give you a choice of resorts to be moved to.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

Personally, I don't care where the resort is, it is far away from here, I actually don't mind being moved there, I think my 5 year old will enjoy it more, and it has more anemities than the original, plus, they are giving us 7 days land at the original to return back in 1 year....can't beat that!! We did not plan on leaving the hotel too much except a trip or two into Playa, and 17 miles is not alot to me since I drive more than that one way to work!

Apple is faxing me something to give me some re-assurance, I just don't want to get to Xpu Ha and them tell me they are full, you are being moved again!!!

Mentioned in this post
Xpu-Ha
Xpu-Ha
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

That sounds great ! The resort also offers some free excurions , if you want to use them. Great attitude, have fun! We have friends that loved Xpu-Ha

Mentioned in this post
Xpu-Ha
Xpu-Ha
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Apple Vacations and Overbooking!

Thanks I sure hope so! We like to camp, so the outdoorsy feel of this resort is fine with us, plus, it was quite an upgrade $ wise for us not to take the offer!!