We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum trip

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Killarney
Level Contributor
95 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Tulum trip

Last time I was in the PDC area we went on a Coba excursion that also had canoeing, zip lining and repelling etc.

I want to go to Tulum but I don't really care to do all the other "extreme" stuff....which really isn't too extreme LOL.

anyone know of any tour companies that just do single location tours or is every company doing all kind of the same blended type of tours?

5 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,653 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum trip

Yo can get to Tulum on your own via colectivo or taxi. If you want to see the ruins there you can hire a guide at the gate if you wish or do it on your own.

Killarney
Level Contributor
95 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum trip

Thanks for the heads up on being able to hire a guide at the location. that would probably work best for us.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum trip

The ADO bus has a non stop bus to the Tulum Ruins for about 64 pesos, less than $5 usd per person. You can choose a private tour, small group or large tour. Bus leaves Playa from 5th and Juarez.

Killarney
Level Contributor
95 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulum trip

question. I found that playdelcarmen.com offers a half day Tulum/beach trip three days a week. but it doesn't say what tour company it uses.

has anyone booked through this website? I searched in the forums but nothing came up.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulum trip

For us we took the ADO bus and went to Tulum. Walked the Ruins and then headed to Ziggy beach club to spend the rest of the day.. Beach was amazing and food was great. If looking to tour the ruins go early before it gets to crowded and very "HOT" and take lot's of water.

Reply to: Tulum trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted