We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage - couples

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Massage - couples

Any recommendations for a couples massage in PDC? Staying at Riu Tequila and not prepared to pay prices at hotel spa!

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Massage - couples

Walk up the beach on the other side of the ferry terminal. First you'll see Wah Wah's, great place to chill, but keep walking 100 feet or so and you'll see massage tables for a few blocks. Right on the beach. Couples here can expect a range of $35-$45USD for an hour. Pay in pesos for a better rate. No matter the currency negotiations are the key and at these prices you can get a massage, walk back down to Wah Wahs and hang out, then return for a second massage and still not break the bank. The Mayan girls up near Calle 6 where the remnants of Fusions is are my fav.

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Massage - couples

Thank you, is it far to walk from Riu?

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Massage - couples

For me it's like a 20-30 minute walk. Take the beach route or walk up the boulevard right out front or take a cab. I usually walk to Wah Wah's then cab it back to the condo nearby Riu Tequila but that's just me.

Lakeway, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Massage - couples

We've used Kristine Spa probably a dozen times over the years. Just walk North to town, its just past the Playacar gates on 10th I think. I'm not a beach massage person. I'd say most were great, we might have had two kinda weak ones...Just make sure you ask for deep tissue or a lot of pressure if you like it rough!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Massage - couples

I think most of the Playacar resorts have bikes that you can borrow, makes the trip into town very fast.

Edited: 5:24 pm, September 22, 2017
South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Massage - couples

Smart lady...hotel prices are a rip off.

Kristine Spa right outside of Playacar gates is a GREAT choice and about the only place we use no matter where we stay. Affordable, clean and always a great massage. They also have a full service salon.

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Massage - couples

I second JEF G's Wah Wah recommendation. It was FAVOURITE beach club and almost 1.5 years later, we still get excited about our PDC trip and Wah Wah! When we were last time, the massage tables were closer though, and while we didn't get any ourselves (should have but too lazy to get off the loungers), we saw several people going for it and I guess whoever was giving the massages were good because we didn't see anyone leaving with a grumpy face.

Edited: 2:12 am, September 25, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Massage - couples

If you want a truly great experience make your way to the Jungle Spa in puerto morelos. Not a fancy place but they do amazing massages there, chocolate wraps, fresh aloe, etc. Last two trips to the area, the men have gone out fishing in Puerto Morelos while the ladies pampered themselves.

Reply to: Massage - couples
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted