We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Toucan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Toucan

Hello! Two questions... are mimosas available at the buffet at breakfast and how clean/clear is the sea? Thank you.

10 replies to this topic
Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Toucan

The sea at Playacar beach is crystal clear water and usually not rough surf. One of the best beaches in the world.

Don't remember about mimosas, but I do remember (vaguely) that they will serve bloody Mary's

mpls
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Toucan

We were offered mimosa's

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Toucan

I have stayed at the Iberostar T/Q twice, but I do not remember Mimosa's being served at the main buffet, I will tell you that there is no hard liquor at the main buffet. However the small buffet on the beach/pool has the best service, hard alcohol and fresh cooking stations.

I had one of the best bloody mary's there, so I am sure they will make Mimosa's there.

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,851 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Toucan

We've been there when the beach has been heavily eroded with a huge drop off near the water, and more recently when it was very deep with nice sand. Can't remember now if the beach there had been reclaimed several years ago or Mother Nature returned what she took away which is common. But it is still a nice stretch of beach. I wouldn't consider the Playacar beach to be one of the best beaches in the world by any means (Maroma would fall into that category). But it is a nice beach and a good reason to stay in Playacar. The ocean water is pretty clear but there are good waves, and the sand can get stirred up near shore. But there's no good snorkeling there so not a big deal. Can't comment on the cleanliness (sargassum situation) today as we are not currently there (heading down next week), that can change on a daily basis. You will like the beach there though, and if you want crystal clear water there are other areas to visit for that reason while staying there.

Vermont
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Toucan

Agreed on the beach. It is a very nice beach, but there are nicer ones out there, even in Mexico. Nonetheless, it is one of the better beaches in the area. You could do much worse.

There is plenty of sand since the reclamation project. And the huge sandbags are gone.

If you take a right turn, and walk past the Sandos resort, you will be on a section of beach with absolutely no development (for now). If you want to get away from the crowds, it's a great spot.

It's a great resort, and I am sure that you will have a great time.

Boylston...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Toucan

I love the beach at the Tucan/Quetzal and I always enjoy the mimosas for breakfast in the buffets!

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,851 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Toucan

There you go!

New York
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Toucan

One of the nicest beaches we've been on!

New York
Level Contributor
312 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Toucan

I always had mimosas for breakfast. Just ask your waiter and he will gladly bring it to you.

As for the sea, it's the most beautiful sea in Riviera Maya! Of course when there are no seaweeds, which happens.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Toucan

If they don't offer you mimosas, you can ask. They'll bring you one ;).

Reply to: Iberostar Toucan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted