We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. We are planning a destination wedding to Playa Del Carmen and I originally went through destination weddings.com but still want more options for hotels that offer wedding packages in Playa del Carmen. Can anyone point me in the right direction? There are so many resorts and obviously I want to be careful with choosing.

11 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

I stayed at Playacar Palace in 2013. The week I was there, they had about 3 weddings. All were done beautifully. Not many kids at the resort, only a few that were with the wedding group. Palace offers weddings packages- I think they have a wedding Facebook page where you can contact the resort wedding planners or you may have to go through the Palace website.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

Palace Resorts do a great job with weddings and renewals, we had our 25 th renewal at Moon Palace and they did a wonderful job.

A few emails before we arrived, once there we spent about an hour with our wedding coordinator and she did the rest.

Wedding day I was able to relax at the pool till just before the ceremony as she took care of everything.

We just did the basic package and they have many packages to pick from

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

I got married at barcelo maya palace about 20mins outside of playa del carmen...it was amazing...let me know if you have any questions

Edited: 3:06 pm, August 23, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

Anyone have input on Sandos Playacar? Thank you for the couple recommendations

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

My wedding at Sandos Playacar was amazing. I wrote a review on it in March. So much is included that I barely upgraded anything except some flowers. They do absolutely everything for you. I could go on and on.

Vermont
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

Make sure to find a resort that has a good space for the wedding. I've seen a couple of resorts that crammed weddings into insufficient space. You ought to have some legitimate separation from all of the other guests during your ceremony.

White Plains
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

We just attended one in June at the RIU Palace Riviera Maya. And about 7 years ago at RIU Ochos Rios. I feel like most travel agents push RIU for weddings. And I will say that both weddings I attended were great and well run.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

Secrets resorts have some beautiful weddings,also Barcelo Ana palladium resorts

9. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, August 25, 2017

10. Re: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, October 26, 2017

Reply to: Planning a Wedding-Where to Begin? Resorts with Wedding Pkg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted