We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to make of this story?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
MKE
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
What to make of this story?

jsonline.com/story/…

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to make of this story?

This is becoming very common and there are many reports of this happening over the last several years. It's funny how all the reports all magically disappear.

I used to travel to PDC very frequently and refuse to go back. Tainted alcohol is a huge problem there. I have experienced it myself. My husband had to help me walk after being at a very popular spot for only half an hour and 1 beverage.

Beware when traveling there and stick to beer.

Level Contributor
136 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to make of this story?

I don't know what to make of this either I saw it on another forum and someone pointed out this is over a decade period. So does it happen, probably? Alot? probably not. Could it and does it happen anywhere? Probably. Not sure. We were at EDSS last year and loved it. Felt very safe. I don't recall ever not having a drink made right in front of me so maybe that helps???

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
273 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to make of this story?

Seems to be more and more stories coming up .

4. Re: What to make of this story?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarized private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 pm, July 24, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
580 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to make of this story?

Very scary. Yes, it could happen anywhere.

However, in a country with a functioning legal framework, it would not continue to happen unabated with such disregard for the victims. In addition you would be encouraged to file a police report, get medical assistance without the need for upfront cash, and not be unfairly accused of illicit behavior for the sake of a cover up.

When these unexpected situations arise, you should expect fair, humane, compassionate assistance/treatment.

These are the considerations travelers need to take into account which is why a travel forum should make the information available. Brushing it under the carpet just assists in the cover up.

Edited: 12:52 pm, July 20, 2017
6. Re: What to make of this story?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarized private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 pm, July 24, 2017
Save Reply
7. Re: What to make of this story?

Which resort were you at? We travel to riviera maya and punta cana twice ayear,making sure we know which resorts to stay away from

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
325 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to make of this story?

I totally buy it as something very similar happened to my husband & on our last trip to an inclusive in PDC. I won't name the resort as I don't want the thread to get deleted as I feel this is something tourists need to at least be aware of no matter where you stay. It was a indeed a very scary situation. While it is disconcerting that it happened at our resort, I am thankful that we weren't walking around town or someplace where the situation could have gotten worse.

Edited: 1:21 pm, July 20, 2017
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to make of this story?

My heart goes out to this family. This is a terrible tragedy.

Unfortunately this happens everywhere, it happened to me in Las Vegas, thank goodness for a good samaratin who got me back to my hotel and reunited me with my friends. This samaratin could tell right away what was wrong with me as it had recently happened to her. I was very lucky.

This post will be shut down soon, which is sad, because we should all be privy to this information.

Even on vacation, we need to stay aware of our surroundings. If you are not feeling right, let someone know RIGHT away!

10. Re: What to make of this story?

Removed on: 1:33 pm, July 24, 2017