We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions..

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
7 posts
Save Topic
Questions..

We go to Gala in December, myself, hubby, 14 year old son and 11 yr. old daughter. Just some thoughts and questions..In regards to pools, to they really close at 7pm? Can you swim in the ocean then when the pools close? Also my daughter is 11 and wants to drink smoothies and fruit drinks, is it ok to have ice and drink the drinks that would use ice? We were looking forward to side trips to Xel Ha and or Xcaret does anyone recomend one or the other? I having been following the reviews for this hotel since August and I still am concerned that I might of not picked correctly(Gala) and should of went with a iberostar or Riu resort. I still have time to change what's your thoughts?

Philadelphia. PA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions..

I am unable to comment on the Gala as my husband and I stayed at Iberostar Tucan. Since the Tucan is right next door when we were walking around we saw more kids at the Gala. It didn���t seem like the Tucan had that many kids around.

We didn���t have any problem drinking frozen drinks or having ice cubes in our drinks. We were told that the water in all the hotels goes through a filtration system.

As far as the ecoparks, the guy from Olympus Tours that we booked all our tours through told us to go to Xel-Ha as opposed to Xcaret. Although, I have seen a few other posts that say Xcaret has more animals and may be better from children. So I���m not sure. I know that we LOVED Xel-Ha and wished that we had spent the entire day there. (We did the �� day tour w/ Tulum.) We are headed back in December with my brother and sister-in-law and plan to do a whole day at Xel-Ha. I was able to find a website for Xel-Ha and I would think that Xcaret has one also. Seems like purchasing tickets online maybe cheaper than doing a tour. Here is the website for Xel-Ha.

www.xelha.com.mx/default.asp…

San Clemente, ca.
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions..

Was at the Gala in October.......

There is bottled water in your room.

We drank and used the hotel ice with

no problem. Yes, the pools close at

7 pm. but I noticed the family pool

had families using the pools after

hours and no one said a thing........

There is a smoothie bar in the buffet

restaurant out near the pools and

beach. and yes, Xel Ha was a great

day trip for swimming and such !!

Have fun.....can't wait to go back !!

Lake Lure, North...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions..

Have gone to Gala for the last 4 years in a row. Went to Riu Playacar once before that. We love the Gala. They have activities that are non stop for adults and kids. This resort is probably the most popular for families. Your children will love it.

Dan