We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunrise, Florida
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

Starting to plan for December trip. Any suggestion on good resort for family with 2 kids ages 4 and 5.

also golf.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
362 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

Without a doubt, the Iberostar properties! See link below.

Scott

jmtravel.com/iberostar_paraiso_lindo_resort.…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

I think Iberostar is a good choice, although tends to get crowded (especially the Tucan), highly suggest the Lindo, with the wave pool; can visit the other resorts also if staying there. By the way, in December the pools' water will be cold at most hotels. The weather gets cool at nite and most pools aren't heated. Also, Gala resort in Playacar has good kids program; but you only get 1 resort to use. For golf, you might want to stay in Playacar, which has RIU hotels which are very good too, and Gala resorts is in Playacar near the golf course. Some may suggest Moon Palace, I don't like that resort-too big & seaweed on beach. Go to RIU resorts like RIU Playacar where you get to use the RIU Yucatan & RIU Tequila also within walking distance.

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

Gala or Iberostar tucan/quetzal are the only resorts in playacar with a beach left. All the other resorts north of there have little or no beach due to erosion. The Iberostar lindo is way north of PDC. You can walk to town from the Gala or the Tucan/Quetzal properties, but not from the Lindo, although most reviews of the Iberostar Lindo, etc (4 properties in one complex) are extremely favorable. If I didn't have 3 children, I would possibly stay at the Lindo next time. Friends of ours just got back and loved the wave pool. Go to www.locogringo.com to check out aerial photos to see where each resort is located in relation to PDC, but remember that those photos were taken years ago and may show resorts with beaches where they don't have beaches anymore! Have fun planning!

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

Just came back from The Gala. I found it to be a great place for kids. They are everywhere! Your kids will make lots of friends. The have a smaller shallow pool that you can be in with your kids. Especially if they are not great swimmers. My 2 year old loved it. She felt great walking around in the water. There are also very shallow parts in the main pool too.

The beach is beautiful. The ocean is clean, warm and blue. The staff serves you drinks right in your lounge chair. The buffet has a huge variety so if the kids are picky, they can choose what they like. Also, there was a photographer walking around with different animals on different days to take pictures with. There is also a stage where they show a different kids movie every night at 6:30, right at dinner time.

We didn't use the kids club, although you might. The baby club did not look appealing to me and My 6 year old didn't want to leave her sister to go to the kids club. The kids at the club had lots of activities. I went in to check it out and the kids were swimming at the time. The 4-6 year olds were all wearing inflatable arm things and going down the water slide. Again, the pool was shallow. You just sign up between 10 and 11am and you can bring them for any scheduled activity during that day. I would have liked a to see a playground that was not exclusive to the kids club so my kids could play together in something other than sand and water.

The resort was very clean. The staff was always cleaning. Never any trash on the floor. Bathrooms spottless!

We had a great time there. I would highly recommend it for families.

Sorry, I don't know about the golf.

Level Contributor
860 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

we have just found out that ALL the iberostars are booked until August except the Maya, have been advised to try the Riu Playacar or the Gala.....is the playacar beach gone as well?

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

need2travel...why were you advised against the Gala? Bad advise in my humble opinion. You won't be able to find a more kid friendly resort with such a fantastic beach.

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

Sorry need2travel, I misread your post! Check out the Gala, not the RIU!

Sunrise, Florida
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

Thanks to all of you for your information. i will be doing my shopping next month. In the mean time i will start doing some resear.c. Actually leaving for Punta Cana on Thursday. Thanks again everyone.

Snowshoe, West...
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats the best family all inclusive at Playa del Carmen

you might rethink your destination and go a little further south to the grand Palladium,,its a great place and it has one of the largest pools on the rivera, plenty of beach and never overcrowded even when its full...Delbert