We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel NOT all-inclusive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
rhode island
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
hotel NOT all-inclusive

interested in a hotel, on the beach, close to 5th ave..........not all-inclusive. any thoughts? thank you

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
954 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: hotel NOT all-inclusive

Rookie - I'll be going back in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know about the waiter. LOL I think Steve has formulated a game plan for his staff. I am sure all is well.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,606 posts
Save Reply
62. Re: hotel NOT all-inclusive

I was personally surprised to see that any posts of yours disappeared, JJ, and thought that the one you provided as an example had been one of them, but thought I must be missing something, like maybe that one was actually on a different thread or someone else got involved and theirs were yanked rather than yours. Or something we wouldn't see, such as the troll tendency to adopt multiple user names and identities and post under them, and the people running the board find out and put a stop to it.

I didn't complain to any moderators about anything. Didn't even think about it. Of course you don't believe things like that, but there it is.

I agree with sunrlb that it's a shame that this thread has gone the way it has. I also thought it was a shame that the one asking about Luna Encantada went they way it did. I mean, not every thread needs to turn into a battle between you and Eddie T or be about my place. The Luna Encantada one wasn't, at first. I even suggested to the person who started it to check with you for a personal reaction because you'd stayed there. But then the battle resurfaced...

Whatever!

Steve

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: hotel NOT all-inclusive

I believe you Steve, and appreciate your reply. Unfortunately, some of your overzealous guests insist on trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. As you are aware, you are not in a "one size fits all" industry. You, however, appear to be a straight shooter and a conscientious manager. Take care!

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,606 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: hotel NOT all-inclusive

Well I guess that lithium is kicking in!

THAT IS A JOKE! Nothing more. :-)

Just happened to see your comment about being a kinder, gentler JJ or something like that (with the 70s tune reference) and then this, so...

No worries, it's all good, as they say.

Steve

Stavanger, Norway
7 posts
Save Reply
65. Re: hotel NOT all-inclusive

We are planning our first trip to Mexico, (July) and have been searching the internet for weeks finding the "right" place to stay...

Playa Maya is one of the hotels on our list, but we are not sure...

"We" are 2 families with 4 kids age 3-6.

Is Playa Maya ok to stay with kids, our will you all recomend to stay AI?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
66. Re: hotel NOT all-inclusive

Shangri la Caribe - best beach in the area and only a 10 min walk (max) to 5th ave.

Look up their web site - it really does look like that.

Makata

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
954 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: hotel NOT all-inclusive

We bring our two kids to Playa Maya. They are soon to be 5 and 7. All kids need is a beach and some sand toys. They play for hours! Since the pool gets little use, they mostly have it to themselves and it isn't very deep. We didn't see any other kids at the hotel while we were there until our last day. Because they may be a rarity, I think the staff pays more attention to them. Of course, the kids eat it up. :)

68. Re: hotel NOT all-inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, August 22, 2009