We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, October 03, 2017
Intervale, New...
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

Thanks for the info Old Traveler! I am so intrigued by this. I have heard over and over about the inexpensive and good quality dentistry in PDC. I may make a plan!

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

Doc said he has mostly Canadian patients. His clinic is called Dental Spa.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

OT, Thanks for the info! I broke one of my molars last week. I have no pain, so hopefully I can wait until mid May when we get there. I don't even want to know how much it will cost here with no insurance :(

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,841 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

Good information by OT. Good dental care can be really cheap in Mexico. And while the prices paid by OT are very low by my standards and tourist standards, they are prices paid to a dentist specializing in tourists. The locals pay far less. But always good to go with recommendations. Like everywhere, Mexico has good and bad dentists.

Edited: 7:49 pm, March 12, 2017
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

Gotta compromise Roberto. There are a few dentist in Playa that we tourists would feel comfortable working on our teeth. Money isn't everything, but when you can save 90% with some good docs, and you don't have insurance, well?

Anyone care to add to the list?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

"His office is conveniently located on 10th Avenue, and a short walk south of 1 Sur."

I think you meant to say "a short walk south of Juarez" (near the intersection with Calle 1 Sur).

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,841 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

I don't think I said you didn't make a good choice, OT. Just indicating how cheap good dental care is in Mexico. And If I didn't live here and know good recommendations from locals, I would be doing exactly as you have done. If I were a tourist, I would err on the side of caution.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

Wow, sounds like a great place. Thanks for the info!

9. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:47 am, October 02, 2017
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Traveller's experience with dentist in Playa

Dr Castroman uses ultrasonic cleaning. My wife is still questioning that technique. I thought it was great. His office is between 1Sur and 3 Sur. The hostel EB3 is on the corner of 3 Sur. Dental Spa is just north of the hostel.

TDG, what cross streets are Coral Dental between?