We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about condo in El Faro

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Question about condo in El Faro

Hello...

I've tried to post this 3 times. Not sure which guideline I'm going against.

We've stayed at El Faro before in 309 and loved it. Need a 3 bedroom and want Surf 408. It's on vrbo but I got an email from a woman that says there is a discount I pay deposit but the balance in cash. Has anyone got any experience with this particular unit or experience? Or with Zoraida?

I'm also wondering if I should switch to Luna Encantada since watching that video walking trip of the beaches and see that in December there was no beach in front of El Faro. Obviously I know a lot can change between now and July but would hate to have no beach right out front,

Thanks for any help!

23 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

"I've tried to post this 3 times. Not sure which guideline I'm going against."

You already have an active thread with this same question.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

Actually this is a different post/question about anyone's experience with Surf 408 and/or rental information for that unit and the people handling it

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

I am the one that shot the video, it can change a bit however the beach is totally gone at the Elfaro so for now assume the worst and plan accordingly, if you are looking for beach I would not stay in Playa, try Xamen Ha in Playacar

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

Tried to edit to add....specifically if anyone had worked with Dream Life Playa as I can't seem to find any reviews and I'm curious about paying a deposit through vrbo but paying balance in cash for a discount

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

NEVER pay cash. A couple years ago 100's lost their money to a a crooked management company for El Faro. Credit Card provides Security.

My one main complaint with El Faro these days is their agents have a NO cancelation policy. Once they have your Cash it is gone no matter what.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

Cedarcrest, I'm generally a pretty skeptical person. The only reason I even wondered about this one was that they have a website with a variety of rentals and you have to pay a deposit and the cash is in person when you arrive, I've seen reviews on some of their specific rentals so I wondered if anyone had experience with these people specifically. It's just too bad because both of the 3 bedrooms that seem to be the best and closest to the beach seem to be run by the same people....both Reef 401 and Surf 408.

I think the fact that I'm questioning it is my answer, I was just hoping someone had specific knowledge of these particular people/company

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

I used Rentals your way however terrible cancelation policy everything else was seamless, they too offer a early booking discount. If they do not have the 3br listed they may be able to run it down. Maybe we are talking about the same operator as they do have several different names.If cash discount at check in is available you are likely OK.

One other issue we had was our 1st morning there was NO water (no showers nothing) because we used (booked) via a outside agent the El Faro management will do nothing for you, we had to contact the outside company. We will stay there again this spring and next fall as I an having dental work don in PDC, however we would never stay there for the Beach, at least not in its current condition.

Besides the issue above (not thier fault) rentalsyourway.com was great, gave us the early booking discount and still used out CC

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
105 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

We just stayed 10 days at EL Faro and there is beach in front of the resort?! Not sure what cedarcrest saw in December (I did not see the video), but there was enough to lay in the sand if you wished. We stayed on the pool deck facing the ocean as laying in sand is not my preference but we walked into the ocean for a dip most days and there was enough beach for our liking.

We also paid cash via paypal for a discount. I was pretty nervous about it but luckily it worked out for us. We did not use the woman you mentioned nor stayed in that same unit, but we did have a good experience with that process.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

Thank you lbmastiff and cedarcrest....we have used rentals your way in the past and been happy with them.

I think because I can't seem to get any real reviews of Dream Life Playa I may end up just taking a two bedroom for peace of mind.

Lbmastiff, the video shows no beach at all in December. I'd love to see any pics you might have from your recent trip

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about condo in El Faro

There was a small section of beach right in front of the reef building but it was very small and recessed (set back) from the walkway, I could be wrong but that may be what lbmastiff is referring to, however it is such a high traffic area and packed that it was not a good alternative.

Here is a short video from the lighthouse https://vimeo.com/199474081/a4341307bf

This is not to say that it has not improved a bit

Reply to: Question about condo in El Faro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted