We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing Optional beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Santa Monica...
1 post
Save Topic
Clothing Optional beach

We're a young couple heading down to the Grand Xcaret soon and were hoping to get a chance to go to a nude/clothing optional beach, does anyone know if there is one around there?

Also, we love beaches with nice waves, from the looks of the pictures we've seen of the beach at the Grand Xcaret it seems there aren't any waves, anybody have any recommendations for beaches in the area with nice waves?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
1,209 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
New Milford, CT
Level Contributor
348 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing Optional beach

Sorry no clothing optional beaches that i am aware of. My wife wears a thong and goes topless, that is pretty much OK on every beach. I think you have to go closer to Cancun to get the wave.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Phoenix
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing Optional beach

Hi There. I stayed at the Xcaret back in August 2004. No, there are not great waves at the man-made beach (which I was totally disappointed in). The resort beach was also pretty full with families with lots of small children, so it would be inapporpriate I think. However, if you walk up beyond the Beach Club, there is a small area with a sea-fed lagoon. It's not a very big area, but they have a few beach chairs around and I did notice some topless sunbathing going on. Also, we did go into Playa Del Carmen and they have a public beach there which I thought was much nicer. I did see quite a few topless gals walking around - no one was totally nude, but pretty darn close. So, hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
1,209 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico