We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phila., PA
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

My husband and I are in our early 50's and thinking of going to Mexico in October. We love the beach and would like to go to a place with plenty of shade and chairs. We were in Aruba in October and had to get up every day at 6:30 to reserve chairs and I do not want to do this again. I would like to stay somewhere without a lot of children but not necessarily an Adult Only Resort. Our travel agent suggested Rio Palace - Palladium or mayber one of the Iberostars. A nice beach is very important. Please help and thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

Copacabana is a nice small property I've sent people too, but having been on it's beach (which it shares with the Xpu-Ha Palace & further south the Club Maeva Tulum) - I found there were't that many palm trees to sit under on this beach. That's what Judy was looking for.

philly
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

Judy, my husband and I are in your age group and went to Club Maeva last year in May. Beautiful beach with plenty of shade(lots of palm trees)

Phila., PA
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

Thanks so much - I have taken all your responses into consideration.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

Judy, my husband and I are also your age and we've gone twice to the Iberostar Tucan in Playa del Carmen area and love it! The location of the hotel is only a couple miles to town, we rent bikes or take a $4 cab ride to town. The beach is wonderful with lots of chairs available, we do not have kids and really don't notice them much at the hotel, so they are definitely not a problem. I can't say enough about the Tucan. Never seems crowded, plenty of tables in the restaurants and lots of chairs at the beach. It's an all inclusive and the food is great! Check out the reviews, you'll see we aren't the only ones who like it.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Erie, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

I enjoyed the Palladium Grand and there were lots of palapas on the beach. I did, however, have to reserve them before 9 am to get one with shade. The beach was beautiful, the food was excellent, and although there were kids there, they were all very well behaved. Great age range of couples, also. I am 38 and went with my mom who is 61. We loved it.

Good luck. I'm sure that whatever you pick, you will absolutely love it!!

Byron, Minnesota
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

We just returned from that area and I agree with your travel agent. The Riu Palace is beautiful and more quiet than the other Riu's. I might also suggest checking into the Iberostar Tucan/Queznel. I have researched that on the Trip Advisor and I think we are going to try there next year. Have a great trip. The beaches are just fabulous there!!! Also--if you stay at the Riu Palace, you may go to the other ones for dinners or shows etc. That is nice too if you want to see what the other ones have to offer.

Byron, Minnesota
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: We love the beach and are in our early 50's - Please help

We just returned from that area and I agree with your travel agent. The Riu Palace is beautiful and more quiet than the other Riu's. I might also suggest checking into the Iberostar Tucan/Queznel. I have researched that on the Trip Advisor and I think we are going to try there next year. Have a great trip. The beaches are just fabulous there!!! Also--if you stay at the Riu Palace, you may go to the other ones for dinners or shows etc. That is nice too if you want to see what the other ones have to offer.