We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mérida -> Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Arizona
6 posts
Save Topic
Mérida -> Cancun

Would anybody know how I can find out how to get from Mérida to Cancun ? I don't speak Spanish & would like to find out the best bus line to take, times & prices.

Or maybe somebody's going in the next 2 weeks who wouldn't mind some company.

Thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,287 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mérida -> Cancun

You really wont have a problem. Many buses operate from Merida every day---last time I looked, about 40. You can go to the www.ticketbus.com website for schedules and prices. The ADO first class buses are nice and they also have a better service called ADO GL. You will find all are much nicer than US buses.

inverness, fl
Level Contributor
399 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mérida -> Cancun

Not to be a nit picker, here, but if you do not type that address as

www.ticketbus.com.mx

you will get nowere. That .mx is important when accessing that site from the US.

The 8:30am ADO GL will get you into Cancun around 12:30pm ( it's a 4hr ride ). The cost 232 pesos.

Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mérida -> Cancun

Thanks for the responses.

www.ticketbus.com.mx

doesn't work, I'll keep trying.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,287 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mérida -> Cancun

And not a nit picker z2589 , of course it is www. ticketbus.com.mx I use it several times a week and dont know how I overlooked that. And that is the address you use everywhere, not only from the US.

Thanks for the correction.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mérida -> Cancun

A good general rule to taking the bus in Mexico is to pay the extra and get the highest class bus you can. The buses are more direct.

ADO makes only one stop between Cancun and Merida at Valladolid. Other buses may make more stops.

I take this bus often even though we have a vehicle here. The last thing in Merida you need is a car, more of a liability than an asset. Central Merida is all about walking.

Include a Sunday in your visit if you can. Every Sunday the entire downtown is a market all day and a lively place of music at night.

6. Re: Mérida -> Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 21, 2009