We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

America Car Rental ..Unreliable

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
America Car Rental ..Unreliable

Just letting you all know about our recent experience with America Car Rental in Merida.

I booked a SUV for our family to drive from Merida to Playa del Carmen on the 11th Dec and received a confirmation email.

On the eve of our departure on the 27th I had our concierge check that the vehicle was being delivered to the hotel in the morning as organised. Much to our horror they had no available cars until 2 days later.

After much discussion they were not apologetic and were basically told our booking was useless. Fortunately our concierge managed to organise a driver & taxi to reach our next destination. Terrible unreliable company - avoid!

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: America Car Rental ..Unreliable

Good to know.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: America Car Rental ..Unreliable

Yes we had no problem with our car rental...except when we got dropped off at the airport the driver took our bags out of the van and did'nt take our coats out. My coat had my cell phone in the pocket.We got our coats back after finding some one from American to call the office and see if our coats where still in the Van but low and behold my cell phone was not in my pocket.Anyway make sure you watch all you stuff we should have been smarter but we were the only ones in the van with our puppies so we weren't worried about putting them in the back with our bags.With getting the kennel and having the puppies to worry about never thought about the coats till after the van left and we were in line for check in....We were delayed 9 hrs due to the bad weather in Canada and no phone to call home with..it was a bad day all around..This was on Jan.7 2014

3. Re: America Car Rental ..Unreliable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 21, 2015