We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Merida hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

I know many people don't like all inclusive a, but we like the flexibility of them. I assume there are none in the area but thought I ran across a site that said there was one. Thanks for the help.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

Wait, back up. How is AI more flexible?

Merida lets you choose any restaurant or bar in the city. That's flexible.

I don't know of any AI there, sorry.

PS, if you're looking for Real Mexico with AI, look at Puerto Vallarta.

Edited: 10:27 pm, October 13, 2013
Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

We travel to Mexico twice a year and since we have been to many places in Mexico, we love just relaxing...paying one fee at once. This way we bring $1000 for activities and/or dining out in the town. To you it may not seem more flexible but for us, it is our preferred vacation. Thanks for the suggestion, Puerto and Nuevo are gorgeous places to go! We loved them.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,169 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

Afraid I have to agree that I don't see an AI as flexible. I really don't prefer them but can see a certain convenience to them if the resort is at some isolated location. But in a city such as Merida, I would much prefer to use the abundance of great options for food and drink. I think most share that view since no AI's exist in Merida.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

That would be like saying, "is there a Sandels Resort in Paris?" Merida is beautiful and vibrant. It would be a shame to be surrounded by walls and a Buffet Table.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
694 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

In answer to your question, the only resorts that have may AI packages are the haciendas in the countryside such as Temozon or Xcanatun. These are high end properties, and very nice. I am not aware of any AI's on the Gulf of Mexico near Progreso or in the City of Merida.

Enjoy

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

Yes there is an all inclusive but it is not right in Merida it's on the coast between Progresso and Telchac Puerto about 45 minutes from Merida. Hotel Reef Yucatan. If you go on the Telchac Puerto board under hotels you can see the reviews. We spent 6 weeks in this area lots to do and see but go more into February or later, better weather.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,691 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

I am not anti-AI at all - I have stayed at AI properties and had a lot of fun. I think they definitely have their place in the vacation world, but I think that generally speaking, they are best suited to areas where you will spend a lot of time at a resort (like a beach resort) or in remote locations (a mountain or jungle lodge). A place like Merida (and most cities) have so much to do and see that I don't think the AI model really works - visitors generally spend so much time out and about that not enough people would choose the AI option to make it economically feasible.

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

Yes, Telchac Puerto does have an AI www.reefyucatan.com, but it has quite limited services in terms of dining, entertainment, while charging rates very similar to the Riviera Maya. At the same time it's not close to Merida.

If you really want AI, I'd say don't think about Yucatan. Look at the Riviera or the Pacific coast.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

I would have to agree with the above posts. Lots to do and see in the area and Merida is a vacation in itself. I wouldn't pick that place to go to for an all inclusive as I personally would want to be out and about most days. The location of the all inclusive does not have the nicest beaches and it could be a rather sleepy resort to spend my days at. If you are not fancy about the Cancun/Mayan Riveria area, have you tried Huatulco? One of our favorite places and they have a handful of all inclusives. No big box stores , or food chains , timeshares or beach vendors just local places, beautiful beaches and hot weather.

Edited: 3:05 pm, October 14, 2013
Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any all inclusive a in Merida?

Unfortunately, as my esteemed colleagues have pointed out, there are no AI's in Merida itself. There is the Reef Club out at Telchac though. I think that the food and experience might be less than stellar, however. You could also contact the Eco-Hotel Xixim in Celestun, about 2 hours from Merida - great beach, good food and pretty accommodations. Not sure if they have that plan, but perhaps they can come up with something all-inclusive.