We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car in Merida

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car in Merida

Any more recommendations on rental car companies in Merida? Seems I saw someone talking about an individual that had a few cars, and good insurance but now I can't find it.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,610 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car in Merida

I am interested in the answer to this too. We are coming in a little over a month and I need to make a reservation for a car for a side trip after our stay in Merida.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,209 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car in Merida

"More"?

Previous advice sounds good; I remember a lot of positive mentions for Easyway. Search that name and you'll find lots.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car in Merida

I believe you are looking for a company called "La Curva." The owner runs a garage and has about a dozen vehicles. But have you done any looking? Or perhaps you are not familiar with the search function? It's near the top-center of this page, and la Curva came up as the 3rd or 4th set of posts when I searched "car rentals' in Merida. We always use eayway, but it looks like this person has garnered a lot of positive reviews

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car in Merida

We have rented Cars from LaCurva and found them to have very good cars and exceptional service. i had one rental car for 6 months and confirm they service them every 5000km. The owner Joaquin and his staff really provide good service which includes a activated cell phone with prepaid minutes so you can reach them anytime you need assistance.I just noticed they have a new web site, the address http://www.yucatanseasonalcarrental.com

i have added my e mail address below if i can help overcome any concerns you have about LaCurva.

bigguy60@gmail.com

London ON
Level Contributor
279 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car in Merida

We have rented from Joaquin the last 3 times we have stayed in Telchac P. We are renting again this Feb/Mar.

I think all of his cars are reserved for the winter months by late July/August and if you are a repeat customer, he will usually e-mail and ask if you want one saved for the next season.

We tried to rent one for friends who are staying for March. but currently there are none available.

I believe Joaquin has rented all of his vehicles for this coming winter season, but you can always try.

Most or all of his rentals are 2 or more months over the winter season.

As we have posted previously, We are extremely satisfied with the service from La Curva, Joaquin and Israel.

Conifer, Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car in Merida

Never Rend from Budget in Merida!!! This location is off airport, I wasn't greeted at the airport, and need to engage a local police officer to figure out how to get them to come pick me up at the airport. Then I was charged 200% of the quoted rate but it was midnight and I still had to get 2 kids over an hour away so I had not choice but to accept the increase at the time and try to fight it later. Then when I returned the car at the end of the trip, no one was there and after waiting past the agreed upon time, I had to lock the keys in the car in front of their office and run to the airport for my flight. A month later, I'm reviewing my credit card and they again doubled the price saying they had to hire a lock smith to open the car. I received terrible service and was billed quandripple the quoted price!!!! NEVER RENT FROM HERE. Hertz and some other agency has a rental office right in the airport.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental car in Merida

I have rented from both Avis & Executive. Executive have been good -cars are in okay condition. Their office closes at 10 p.m. The last ime I rented from them, my flight was suppose to arrive at 9:30 p.m. & the flight was late -10 p.m. By the time we got through customs, it was 10:30 and they waited for us.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental car in Merida

I am amazed that in this year 2014 the international rental companies like AVIS, BUDGET, NATIONAL/ALAMO and others continue to be so absolutely CLUELESS about how bad their service, their vehicles and in general their brands are here south of the border. If I was the owner of one of these companies that feature indifferent employees, the constant bait and switch rates, confusing insurance add-ons, crappy cars complete with dings and dents and missing bits; I would be too embarrassed to show my face in public.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental car in Merida

For us, and after several rental experiences with them, Lets Go car rental agency in Centro is doing a fantastic business . They are honest, prompt, very reasonably priced and readily available.

Our multiple rentals from them in the past two years were always great and exceeded our expectations.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental car in Merida

Thanks for that positive review. Never heard of L-G cars before. I'll put them in my notes as a possibility....down the road.