We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good car rentals in Merida?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Madison, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Topic
Any good car rentals in Merida?

I just got ripped off by Hertz in Merida. They tried to strong arm me for $500 more than my online reservation. I need to know a better place to rent for my next visit.

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good car rentals in Merida?

Have you tried AVIS?

There are some car rental places that dont rent brand new cars (like Hertz and Avis). We've had some good luck with Kimbila (located on Paseo de Montejo).

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good car rentals in Merida?

I prefer renting older cars with dings and other cosmetic damage. That way I don't have to worry about adding to it.

Last time I was down, I rented from Easyway and they gave me a BRAND NEW CAR! I never worried about driving a car so much. Always parked it miles away from other cars so no one could open their door into it.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,355 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good car rentals in Merida?

We had a brand new car from Easyway too. Easyway seems to be the forum favourite in the Cancun area, and they have a Merida office too, smack in el centro.

In our case, they delivered the car to us in Puerto Morelos, and we dropped it off without problem or extra charge in Merida. Add us to the list of satisfied customers.

Edited: 6:10 pm, January 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good car rentals in Merida?

Thanks. It sounds like these guys have a good thing going.

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good car rentals in Merida?

Easyway sounds great... good to know!

devon, alberta
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good car rentals in Merida?

We have rented this year from American Car Rentals - offices in both Cancun and Merida. Can't say about the quality of the car yet (we don't get there til Jan 22) but I can tell you the price is great! Rented a mini car, with ALL insurance included, total is just over $1000. for 6 weeks! Will keep you posted!!

7. Re: Any good car rentals in Merida?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 15, 2014