We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Merida to Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Rio Lagartos and PDC

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
636 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
From Merida to Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Rio Lagartos and PDC

Hello I and my wife want to visit Yucatan in December and want to visit Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Rio Lagartos (flamingoes) and to Playa del Carmen for couple days. I have to itineraries:

1. Fly to Cancun from MEX and rent a car for 4 days or take a public transportation.

2. Fly to Merida from MEX and the same itinerary.

What do you mean about rental cars and public transportation. I am scared of police bribes or problem with paying petrol (which is the price for litre of gasoline at the moment), therefore I am asking for your advise. Thank you Ales

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: From Merida to Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Rio Lagartos and PDC

The bus from Merida to Chichen Itza leaves at 6:30 a.m. or 9:15 a.m.. Time on the bus is near two hours.

My suggestion for you is to catch the 6:30 a.m. bus, which gets you to Chichen Itza shortly after it opens. When you are done there, you can move on to your next destination. The bus drops you right at the parking lot to Chichen Itza, and there is a luggage storage area inside the entrance to the ruins.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
636 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: From Merida to Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Rio Lagartos and PDC

So the best is to take a morning bus, come to CI about 8.30. Is Luggage storage area for a 2 normal luggage (55x40x20) and how much cost? Is 4 hours enough for CI and then moving to Tulum. When is afternoon bus to Tulum? When and to buy bus ticket in Merida. Problem is that reservation system is in Spanish. Could you help me? We need a 3 star hotel near bus station in Merida. Thank you

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,287 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: From Merida to Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Rio Lagartos and PDC

Luggage storage is available at Chichen. ADO has first class buses to Tulum at 1:05 pm and 430pm. No need to buy tickets far in advance but for best seat selection, you might buy the day before. If you want to see bus info in english, use the other ADO site, www.ticketbus.com.mx . It has an english option.

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
636 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: From Merida to Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Rio Lagartos and PDC

Do anybody know how long before we could make a reservation?

Thank you Ales

15. Re: From Merida to Uxmal, Chitzen Itza, Rio Lagartos and PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 13, 2013