We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van from CUN to Merida...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Van from CUN to Merida...

We just took it. Arrived just in time to catch the last one of the day, 5pm. Thought I'd post this because there seems to be some confusion about it. First, not a van in the traditional sense. 5 rows of seats, 2 on one side, 1 on the other, and ample room in the back for luggage. Might be a bit tight if full, but ours wasn't - 9 of us, 4 couples and a single. A bit more expensive to go from the airport, but I figure it saved us between 1-1 1/2 hours instead of going downtown. Also, the driver stops for bathroom breaks at both of the cuotas. No, not as comfy as the bus, but we'd definitely do it again if needed. Hope this might help someone else...

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Hi We will be going from Playacar bus terminal to Merida Mx during the week in February 2013. Is there a direct route or will we have to transfer a bus in CUN? Do you know the RT fare? Is there a contact in Merida as we want to spend the day exploring and head back to Playacar in the evening. I know a lot to do in a short time. We plan to spend winters there by 2015.

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Driving from Playa to Merida and back in one day would be barely doable, in my opinion, let alone taking time to explore Merida.

I would recommend spending at least one night there.

If you can, stay somewhere downtown like Luz en Yucatan or Casa del Balam and walk around downtown. That's about all you will have time for, even if you spend the night.

You should be able to see bus fares and schedules on www.ticketbus.com.mx

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Thanks for the info and link.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

So I am I to believe that the last bus to Merida is 5 pm no later we arrive at 640 pm

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,452 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

ADO buses from the airport at 6 and 9PM. But you can take the frequent ADO bus to the Cancun terminal and from there very frequent service around the clock.

www.ado.com.mx

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

I am having trouble getting into their site....do you know the cost of the bus to Merida we should be able to take the 9 pm bus ..how long will it take to get there ??Ty for your help we arrive Dec 7 at 640 pm

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,452 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

The airport bus is more expensive than the buses from the center. It is priced at 504 pesos. The time is 4 hours until arrival. However, be aware the airport buses do not arrive at Merida´s central terminal but at two of the other terminals which may or may not be more convenient for you. The first stop is at Altabrisa which is a good distance from the center but the second stop is Fiesta Americana which is a short taxi ride to the center.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

When you arrive at CUN, you should easily be able to find the ADO kiosk. It is usually outside, and a bit to the right. Assuming you arrive reasonably within schedule, you can wait around at the airport for the 9pm bus, or you can ask them if you have time to catch an earlier bus from the downtown terminal. The bus from CUN is a basic one (still fine), and costs $504 (that's Mx pesos)...Fom downtown there is a GL (nicer, more comfy) at 8:15, and another at 8:30, both at $360. This all at the current online schedule. I am not sure where you are staying, but if the final stop is the Fiesta A, it will likely be as close or closer than the main CAME terminal. With either bus, you will be fine, but miht need to plan on a late (as in after midnight) arrival. The alternative would be to stay near the airport at CUN, then take whatever bus you want the next morning.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,452 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

The bus from CUN may be ¨ basic ¨but it is a first class Volvo or Mercedes bus. If you want basic, try Greyhound in the US. Wherever you arrive in Merida, you will find taxis waiting for the bus. I do often use the ADO GL or ADO Platino for long trips but for the short trip to Merida, all are good.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

I'm pretty sure that's just what I said. But to be sure we're all talking about the same thing - there are 3 levels of buses - ADO, GL, and Platino, with each one getting progressively "nicer" or "less basic." But probably more important for the OP...if the flight arrives on time, rather than waiting around the airport until 9, he might have the opportunity to catch a bus from downtown, which could hopefully get him to Merida sooner. I would hope he recognizes that as the point I was trying to make....Again, there is one at 8:15, and another at 8:30. They are both in a "nicer" bus for less money, but that is really incidental, IMO, to getting him to Merida.