We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Merida, sola

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation in Merida, sola

I'll be travelling to Merida by myself at the end of April. I'm looking for accomodation recommendations likely in the old part of the town. I'd like something with some cool character and a bit more than just a bed! Ideally, priced around $60USD /night, but flexible on that for the right place. Someplace safe, fun & clean. Any thoughts that would help me out. I usually like the off the beaten path sort of place.

Thanks!!

Yucatan
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Accomodation in Merida, sola

Hi fernie

If u are interesting in travelling to port progreso (15 minutes from merida), I recommend u the Hotel Suites Los Cabos(www.suitesloscabos.com), the prices are from 25 USD per night and u get a nice apartment, clean and safety.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Accomodation in Merida, sola

is this an old post? it seems i have answered this before...but maybe not.

Luz En Yucatan www.luzenyucatan.com

Las Arecas www.lasarecas.com

both are close to downtown, cool and quaint.

www.hotelmediomundo.com and www.hotelmarionetas.com are a little more expensive and luxurious, also convenient and wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Luz En Yucatan
Luz En Yucatan
1,052 Reviews
Merida, Mexico
Las Arecas
Las Arecas
87 Reviews
Merida, Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Accomodation in Merida, sola

Thanks Goddess, yes I think you did reply and I did book at the Luz. Looks like a great place and I'm looking forward to spending some good time in Merida!

To the note on Progresso, thanks! I will likely make a trip up there also, so I'll keep it in mind.

Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
462 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Accomodation in Merida, sola

Have a great time at Luz!! And tell Madeline, the owner, that Bill said hello!