We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston...
2 posts
Save Topic
bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

Looking for a schedule of buses (or the best way ) from Merida to Cancun airport to catch 11:40 am flight on or around the 24th of December. Is it possible to leave Merida early on the day of the flight or is it too far. Flight is to Boston. Noticing flights out of Merida are much more expensive with multiple sites. Is Cancun the best bet?

Thanks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,729 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

You can look at the ADO website. ADO has a bus at 615 am , showing 3 hours 55 minutes to the Cancun airport. This would put you at the Cancun airport at about 10 am. www.ado.com.mx

While Merida is the larger city it has fewer flights than Cancun and fares are usually much higher from Merida. And only Continental has service to the US.

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

thanks for the help.

george

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

An early departure may get you to Cancun airport on time, but if you have any delays you will be in trouble. Why not stay in Cancun the night before? Somewhere like hotelalux.com/aluxcancun/start-alux-hotel-af…

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,729 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

Good advice. Thats what I would do myself, spend the night at the Alux. Being a former airline person, I never cut it close.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

There is also the Courtyard by Marriot 2 kilometers from the airport and they have free shuttle service to the airport between 5 AM and 11 PM-

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,274 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

I like Eco Hotel El Rey del Caribe - right behind Mega across from the bus station. It's a peaceful oasis in downtown Cancun. And, I pick up all my last minute Mexican groceries at Mega.

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 4:31 pm, November 22, 2011
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,729 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

Its according to the price range you want for the hotel. All the above are good and in different price ranges. Hotel Rey is 65 to 85 dollars, depending on the season, Courtyard by Marriott 80 dollars and up and the Hotel Alux, 35 dollars. The Courtyard would be my least favorite in this case since you would have to get there from the ADO Cancun terminal when you arrive. The Rey is two blocks from ADO, the Alux one.

Coolin, Idaho
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

Check the ADO busline website www.ado.com.mx. All of the schedules are posted. Merida to Cancun ADO has some type of service every half hour from their CEMA bus stations (first/second class). Once in Cancun there is another ADO bus that only services the airport from the Cancun bus station. Not sure if it runs all night, but during the day/afternoon every half hour.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,729 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

Maybe not relevant now since this was for December travel but ADO also has several daily services from Merida directly to the Cancun airport.

Also, not sure what CEMA is, but ADO first class departs from one terminal and second class from another terminal.

All schedules at www.ado.com.mx Note that ADO departs from several termnals in Merida, the main one being ADO Came.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus shedule from Merida to Cancun airport in December

My best guess is that Carlos switched the vowels and CAME became CEMA.

Get answers to your questions about Merida