We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Merida hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

Bonjour! We are planning to visit Uaymitun. We usually go on the Pacific side. We've found this house : http://www.greatrentals.com/Mexico/19462.html

Does anyone has any information regarding this rental? Are the owners honest? Is the beach clean?

Many thanks!

Julie

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

Did you end up renting this house and if so, what was your impression of it and the surrounding area? We're planning to go somewhere in late April but can't decide where to stay.

Thanks for any info you can share. Hope you had a great time!

Visalia CA and...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

We are from California USA, but we own a home in Uaymitun. I think you will really like it there. When are you going?

Uaymitun is the nicest beach area on the North coast of the Yucatan. There is a wildlife refuge with flamingos behind you and a great beach in front of you. You will love it. Also, visit the Mayan Ruins and head into El Centro of Merida on the weekend.

Bill

http://www.drennon.org/merida

Ottawa, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

Bonjour KK&KJ and CrazyBill !

KK&KJ: Sorry for the late reply. Our trip will be in Dec. 2007. ManitobaCathy was a great help.

CrazyBill: Your place looks fantastic!!! And thanks for the info. Do you rent your beachhouse?

Collingwood, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

Hi Julie -- We have been chatting before. We will let the chat line know what this house is like -- spending the month of March in it. Also have rented a condo in Chicxulub for Feb. - Villas del Mar. Off on Tuesday -- can't wait!!!!!!

BevMick, Canada

Ottawa, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

Bonjour BevMick,

I wish you the best and a wonderful time. We have rented this house for December 2007: homeaway.com/Mexico/…propertyRates .

Please keep me posted! (me too I can't wait!)

Julie

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

Hi Julie

My family and another are also renting this house in Mar/07 for 2 weeks. Out of all of the rentals that I could find, we thought that it looked the nicest. I wish that there was a few more pics to show the pool, kitchen, etc. Are you going to be having the daily maid service? We have decided to. I will try to post pics and let you know what it was like when we get back.

Hope you have a good vacation

Shelley

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

you might want to check vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/Yucatan…

which offers lots of rentals along the coast. I personally have a house in Telchac Puerto, which is a quieter, more remote area than Uaymitun. You can see it at vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/5269.ht…

The entire coast is truly wonderful and each area has its charms. Check for info on each area

yucatantoday.com/destinations/eng-yucatan-va…

and

yucatantoday.com/destinations/eng-beaches.htm

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

I am curious for those that responded that they had rented a house on the beach in Chicxulub about how safe they felt. Would it be safe for 2 women to stay by themselves in this area? Are there areas that should be avoided?

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

Michigal,

I own a home in Telchac Puerto that is being rented at the moment by American two women. This is their second year with us and they are already booking next FEb 2008, so I guess that's a good indication that things are safe.

When I am at the beach alone, I don't walk on the beach at night. And during the day, I just keep my wits about me as I would anywhere in the world. This area is known for being safe. As a matter of fact, the percentage of foreign women living alone in the Yucatan is quite high.

Feel safe!

Cloverdale, BC
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: BeachFront rentals in Uaymitun

I live in Telchac Pto and feel very safe. I have heard about a rash of break-ins in the Progreso area. There have been none I've heard about this far out.