We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed & Breakfast

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
476 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bed & Breakfast

Has anyone stayed at Posada Tamarindo, or heard anything about it? Thanks!

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed & Breakfast

Wow. Looks nice! Have you looked at Medio Mundo? It's very nice and probably a little more lower down the economical ladder! Cheers

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
476 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed & Breakfast

I did look at Medio Mundo, but we have the opportunity to rent all three rooms at PT which would be nice. But I've never stayed any place without a TA review! I'd love to hear from someone who has actually seen the place. Medio Mundo is my back-up.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed & Breakfast

Well in this case you could call it TOFTT (take one for the team)!! I am sure it will be great.

Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed & Breakfast

The owner is a Canadian artist who originally was going to use his house as an art gallery. I guess he decided to open a hotel instead...or in addition.

It is located on Calle 62 near Parque Santa Ana. An easy walk to Paseo de Montejo and about ten blocks or so to the zocalo (center of town).

If the service is good (and there's no way to know yet...too new), it's a good location and he's a nice guy. And looks like he's done a nice job of turning his place into a little hotel.

Let us know!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
476 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed & Breakfast

it looks we're going to be the guinea pigs! Thanks for your info and I'll be sure to report back!

Nittel
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed & Breakfast

I stayed at Posada Tamarindo in February. It is beautiful - the artist owner did an amazing job of renovating/decorating the place. I was in the Azul room. I spent quite a bit of time in the lovely plunge pool. The owner was extremely helpful to me providing information about Merida, places to visit, restaurant recommendations and where to buy food (I love to cook - a big part of why I chose PT as I had access to the kitchen), etc. I hope you enjoy your vacation there as much as I did mine.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
476 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed & Breakfast

thanks so much for the information! I've been almost too busy lately to think about it (we're going in September), but now I'm looking forward to it again. One question: how is the location of the posada? We like to cook also, and I wondered if there is a market or supermercado within walking distance.

Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed & Breakfast

The mercado at Santa Ana is about three blocks away... it has basic vegetables and meat, as well as a bunch of cocina economicas so you don't have to cook.

Santiago market is about ten blocks away... they have a larger selection of fruits, veggies and much better flowers.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
476 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bed & Breakfast

Thanks for the post. Is "Santiago" a chain like Gigante?

USA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bed & Breakfast

I think Santiago is a neighborhood in Merida.