We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yucatan Trails Travel agency?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Yucatan Trails Travel agency?

We are thinking of booking a day trip to Celestun with Yucatan Trails travel agency. Has anyone had experience with them? What was it like?

Thanks....

Mentioned in this post
Celestun
Celestun
280 Reviews
Merida, Mexico
Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yucatan Trails Travel agency?

They are bang in the middle of town, in Calle 62, & have been in business for donkey`s years. The manager is Denis La Foy, a Canadian who has been a resident in Merida since the 80's. You can safely assume that he knows his way around the region.

When calling, ask for Denis specifically, he's very happy to deal with clients.

Mentioned in this post
Merida
Merida
Yucatan, Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yucatan Trails Travel agency?

Thank you Londoner...your responses here and to my other queries are appreciated.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Yucatan Trails Travel agency?

I, too, can recommend Yucatan Trails and Denis LaFoy. He has helped me tremendously with info on Merida and I have taken a couple of his tours and was very happy with them. I will always seek him out for any tour or travel help while in Merida.

Mentioned in this post
Merida
Merida
Yucatan, Mexico
Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yucatan Trails Travel agency?

Ditto on all the positive information on Denis Lafoy and Yucatan Trails. We teasingly call him the Canadian Consul as he is a wealth of info. The trips I've booked for guests through him have left them all very happy campers.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Yucatan Trails Travel agency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Merida