We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist in Merida

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Delta, BC
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dentist in Merida

I'm just wondering if there are any good dentists in Merida. Has anyone had dental work done while on holiday there? If you have, what was it like? Are they trained as well as American and Canadian dentists? I've heard the prices are very reasonable. Do you think that I should take the time out from my vacation to have my teeth worked on? Would it be worth my while to do this?

Anyone's experience or info would be much appreciated

Thanks

Shelley

Mentioned in this post
Merida
Merida
Yucatan, Mexico
Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentist in Merida

Hola, Shelley...

There is no point in rewriting what's already been done here on my website:

yucatanliving.com/yucatan-survivor/dentists-…

and yes, you can have work done while you're here on vacation. The savings will probably pay for your trip!

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentist in Merida

Thank you so much YucatanLiving! I read over the info and am definitely going to get the work done that I need to.

Much appreciated!

Shelley

PS Only 13 sleeps until I arrive in your fair city! Can hardly wait.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentist in Merida

There is also the American Smile Clinic in Cancun...this info is from the dentist's wife, also a nurse:

American Smile Clinic is located near Market 28..we are an American owned and operated Dental Office across the street from Market 28. I am an RN and the administrator of the office. My husband is an Endodontist for the last 25 years, practicing in New York and awaiting licensure in Mexico. We have been told that he should be receiving his license to practice here in Mexico within the next month or so. Right now, we have Dr. Mauricio Grassi working with us. He speaks English, Spanish, French and Italian and also has been a dentist for the past 25 years. He has a wonderful personality as well as excellent dental skills and all of his patients love him.

We still use our New York acquired skills, in so far as, sterilization and isolation technique, documentation etc, because this was how we were trained. Old habits die hard. We offer our patients good quality work at Mexican prices. The only thing we require from our patients that come from the states, is time. Our lab needs time to complete work...if there is a rush on work, they will charge extra for that service. But again, Mexican prices!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
4. Re: Dentist in Merida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 25, 2009