We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interested in 2 things:

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Interested in 2 things:

Rent a villa/condo in Isla Mujeres

or

Stay at an all inclusive 4-5 star resort

anyone have any information that may help.

We are looking at a min. 2 wk. stay April it is our 10th wedding anniversay.

Much thanks,

Weimaraner

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
50 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interested in 2 things:

You might try Nautibeach condos and see if they have any openings. We are staying there in June. I believe there may only be 1 all-inclusive on the island. Many people are against going the all-inclusive route because you miss so many wonderful eating places on the island. If you'd like to e-mail me, I can give you the name of a wonderful travel agent who is an Isla expert. I'm sure she'd be able to help you. My email is: dkgme@sbcglobal.net

Pittsburgh, Pa
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interested in 2 things:

Do not stay at Avalon Reef. See my reply under Nautibeach

information. The sites will give you all the info you need

Brighton, MI
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Interested in 2 things:

If you can afford it, I highly suggest the Villa Rolandi. You don't want an all inclusive on this island, you really miss out on everything else.

oakland
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interested in 2 things:

rent a villa/condo. don't be stupid a 4-5 star inclusive hotel means you should stay in a cancun. or do a cruise.

the whole point of im is the freedom to walk and explore the island and try the different restaurants. im is very private and hassle free, people are very relaxed and don't hassle you. anywhere you stay wil be great. all the restaurant s are clean and i dind't get sick from any of them.

oakland
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interested in 2 things:

also dont' stay at avalon it is cheesy and plain enbaressing to be seen coming and going from that monster of a place.

it killed the coral.

san francisco
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interested in 2 things:

I'd avoid the Avalon, but I strongly disagree with others about Hotel Balam. We stayed right next to it, and found Balam to be absolutely gorgeous, with a very nice beach bar/restaurant and friendly service. Every guest we met seemed quite happy to be staying there. Plus, it's on the prettiest part of the north beach, with great beach chairs and beach "beds" for hotel guests.

Since it's your anniversary, you might splurge on a deluxe master suite with jacuzzi at Balam for the first week. Then move out of town for a quieter -- and even more luxurious -- second week at Hotel Villa Rolandi, or maybe a rental villa.

Hotel Playa la Media Luna and Hotel Secreto are two lovely "upscale" hotels on the edge of town, but swimming is unsafe there and I thought the atmosphere at Hotel Secreto was somewhat cold.

PS: I grew up with Weimeraners. They're so lovable!

PA
Level Contributor
230 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interested in 2 things:

Well, I don't see how the Avalon killed the coral.....

It IS a very nice place to stay but never do the AI.

There are plenty of restaurants right in town in walking distance of the Avalon and there's so much variety to choose from.