We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Packing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Packing

I am surprising my husband with a trip to Isla next week (5nights). He will not know he's going anywhere until he gets to the airport. Hence, I must do his packing for him. If you were an "about to turn 40 year old man", what would you want me to make sure and pack for you? I'm a little nervous that I'm gonna blow this!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,944 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Packing

Isla is very casual - mostly I would think shorts, tank tops and t-shirts, swimming trunks, sunglasses, etc. Don't forget the passports! :) For a really great packing list of what to take, check out the mapchick's list on www.mapchick.com - under what to pack. I think that would help you greatly. What a wonderful wife you are to surprise your hubby - have a great time! :)

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Packing

Isla Mujeres is very casual. The suggestion of tanks, Ts, shorts, are adequate. If always take one pair of kakis and a Hawaiian shirt that gets by for dress up night. Sperry Topsider type shoes get you buy in all cases, beach, sight seeing, dinners. Isla have some fabulous snorkling waters, so if you like this, you can take snorkle gear or rent, I presume. This island is conveniently small! We used cabs there to go any distance, and hoof it the rest of time. Ask locals & Tripadvisor folks on best restaurants.

FYI, Cancun is boring, so don't waste time there, unless you've never seen it. The ferry to and from is quite cheap.

You might want to consider taking some water wings for both of you. When you ride the ferry, you'll know why I suggest it! :-)

Have fun!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Packing

My husband always brings a baseball cap with to the beach, so as not to burn his bald spot! Put some thought into the shoes, which ones does he wear to the beach at home?

A wife that brings her hubby to paradise cannot go wrong! Isla should have everything you need! Have fun!

4. Re: Isla Packing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 17, 2009