We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

!st visit - need hotel advice

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new york
Level Contributor
380 posts
1 review
Save Topic
!st visit - need hotel advice

This will be our first overnite visit and we would like to stay somewhere on the more exotic side- no kids - more secluded and upscale. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: !st visit - need hotel advice

For upscale and semi-secluded, I'd recommend Villa Rolandi on the southern end of the island. It is a really beautiful place. Hope this helps. :)

Level Contributor
8,877 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: !st visit - need hotel advice

I am going to answer your inquiry here since it is not about food. I notice that you are from New York, have traveled to Las Vegas,Cancun etc. so you already know that Isla is very different. That said from your original inquiriy exotic, no kids, more secluded and upscale does define Casa de Los Suenos...they also have a nice small spa and services are good...Secreto is also very nice and easier access to restaurants, pool bar, exotic in a Greek Island kind of way..while they do allow kids probably not a problem unless a school holiday..private and upscale and there is Villa Rolandi as per another suggestion. This hotel is much larger that the other two, full service, must take breakfast and one other meal daily. Nice pool area with full service...I have stayed here and probably would prefer the other two...this one can be a bit busy but it is nice and upscale...restaurant good. Less construction at Rolandi but they are adding a spa next door so there is work and of course we have discussed the construction at the other two. I am sort of a noise freak and was very concerned staying at Secreto and it just wasn't a big deal...hopefully that would be the case at Los Suenos but the lady working there did say she had a fair amount of concerns and complaints (very honest). Until Isla gets settled into its "new form" which probably will not be so laid back I don't think you can avoid some construction...you have to decide if laying at the Pool at Suenos with the construction to the left would bother you. They do have a nice area down by the water (Suenos is more up a hill, small road down where the restaurant is and then all the way down is the beach with some palapas etc. ) where you might not hear any construction if they are working. In March we are going to Turks and Caicos and guess what people are talking about there? All the construction!!! Good luck...any more detailed questions about these properties feel free to ask.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: !st visit - need hotel advice

Checkout Las Brisas it is adult only and not to far from town

and N.Beach.

bulverde, texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: !st visit - need hotel advice

we stayed at villa rolandi 2 summers ago and are planning on returning this summer split between esencia and villa rolandi. we loved isla mujeres for it's unique charm kinda feel. we checked out secreto and was not impressed, must not be our style i guess. villa rolandi felt like such an oasis to come back to every time we would come back from exploring the island. there are no children under 13 there and it did not feel as busy as others described. they only have 21 rooms and adding a few more so it's not very crowded unless there is a dinner party at the restaraunt like one night when we were there. the beach is better at rolandi versus the other beaches which are rocky from what i've seen.

if you want true peace and quiet try parrot cay in turks. there's direct flights from ny there. we went for our 10th anniversary and it was amazing. it's on its own huge private island and is very exotic like you are describing. it's as secluded and upscale as it gets. can be $$$$$$$$ but worth it. if you're a beach perfectionist, you won't find a better beach on this side of the planet.

hope this helps.

Mexico, D.F.
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: !st visit - need hotel advice

Have a look Villa Rolandi and Casa de Los Suenos:)

CT
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: !st visit - need hotel advice

as I have posted in other responses, we have stayed at Secreto and also wanted a "no kids" situation. we loved Secreto, but there were kids there when we went last year. (mid March ) we were very disappoiinted because as you can see by the web page, the rooms are directly above the pool. if children are swimming and playing you will definitely hear them. we decided to go to Villa las Brisas because of the no kids under 16 policy and the lack of construction. good luck

7. Re: !st visit - need hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 17, 2009