We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great hotel on great beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Great hotel on great beach

We usually go to Cozumel or Playa del Carmen. What is Isla Mujeres like. I would like a romantic hotel, preferrably with some sort of kitchen close to a bar/restaurant, on a great beach. Thank you.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great hotel on great beach

Sounds like you'd like Avalon or Na Balum, both on the prettiest beach I've ever seen (the North Beach, Playa Norte). Don't know about kitchens there though. My father owns a condo at NautiBeach, also on the North Beach. They have kitchens and 2 bedrooms there. I would prefer staying by Na Balum. Great food, drinks with waiters on the beach. You can go to that beach without staying there though. Great double bed size mattresses on beach to rent and umbrellas. It's cool. Avalon is beautiful too on same beach. More like a regular beautiful hotel though. You need to experience the island though, so I would suggest, Na Balum.

Ellen

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great hotel on great beach

Thank you.

Mexico, D.F.
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great hotel on great beach

How is Isla Mujeres Like?

I think it is a very mexican place, I love it... it is small island with friendly people...

Romantic place? for me is Villa Rolandi Hotel, Casa de Los Suenos and Hotel Secreto...

Good luck

cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great hotel on great beach

Just got back from Isla. It was fabulous! I was there with three kids, but could envision going there for a romantic trip just with my husband too. I think the best strip of beach, by far is the one near nautibeach, where we stayed. It does have a kitchen and is very nice, but I wouldn't call it romantic. Nabalam seemed more romantic, but is definitely on a much narrower, and in my opinion, not as nice, strip of beach. I didn't see rooms there, but the courtyard and restaurant there were very romantic (excellent food too!) The other nice and quieter part of beach is way up north by avalon reef club, and another romantic looking hotel, whose name escapes me. All that I have mentioned are near lots of good restaurants. I have been to both Cozumel and Playa del Carmen and think Isla easily tops the others for a quieter, more romantic environment.

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great hotel on great beach

Thank you!

Eagan, Minnesota
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Great hotel on great beach

Check out Color de Verano. My hubby and I stayed there Jan 06. Across the street from the beach, great views,beautiful room with big kitchette. Right next to Jax Bar and above a great coffee shop with free internet.

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great hotel on great beach

Thanks again!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great hotel on great beach

We just spent a week at Ixchel Beach Hotel. I would say that this is one of the best hotels on North Beach(which is the best beach area on Isla). We have spent the last 8 years between playa del carman and cozumel. The Ixchel is by far the nicest people and facilities you will find on north beach or from our investigations on the entire island. If you do stay there, there are kitchens with huge refridgerators, coffee makers, bottled water and the nicest staff you could ever want to deal with. They have a snack bar and a restaurant about 40 yards down the beach(which they share with another condo rental hotel). The beach is well cared for and chairs and umbrellas are free(of course small tips are appreciated by anyone in mexico). Clean!!

Read the reviews about the Ixchel Beach Hotel.....the music is a problem to some, but not to others

Worth looking into.

9. Re: Great hotel on great beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 25, 2009