We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujeres

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Playa Mujeres

Does anyone have any information regarding this new resort. I noticed that it's set to open summer of 2007 but that's all I have and am very interested in getting more info.

Thanks!

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

Only the golf course club house are open.

Level Contributor
7,929 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

you might get better info on another board as this is for Isla Mujeres not Playa Mujeres which I think is on the mainland near Cancun.

AZ
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

The name implies it will be in Playa del Carmen.

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

No, BayStaterAZ, the resort is not near Playa del Carmen. "Playa" means beach in Spanish. Playa del Carmen is just one of many beaches (and beach towns) on the Yucatan peninsula. Playa Mujeres is a beach area north of Cancun, on the coastline, facing the island of Isla Mujeres. It is actually in the municipality of Isla Mujeres, which includes both the island and a part of the mainland as well. KellyK830, I suggest you contact www.excellence-resorts.com with your inquiries. You can e-mail info@excellence-resorts.com .

AZ
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

You're right. "Playa" does mean "beach" in Spanish. Would be best to contact Excellence directly to ask where their new resort will be located.

AZ
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

From the Excellence website: "Excellence Playa Mujeres is coming soon! A stunning property in the north of Cancun, facing Isla Mujeres, Excellence Playa Mujeres will open in 2007."

California
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

This $1.35 billion resort, Playa Mujeres, is on continental Isla Mujeres across from the island, Isla Mujeres. The Greg Norman golf course at the Playa Mujeres Resort is open as are (I'm told) two boutique hotels. The project is on Isla Blanca, just north of Cancun. From Isla Mujeres looking east, you can see the Playa Mujeres Resort. I know a little bit about it because I own land near the project.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

You can now book this resort on Orbitz. The resort is set to open November 1st and Orbitz has some good rates for November. Does anyone think I should take a chance and book this or give it time to get up and running well?

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

Jkrovetz, just correcting something in your locater for Excellence Playa Mujeres. You would have to be on Isla Mujeres looking WEST or NORTH to see the mainland. If you look east, you see only the Caribbean Sea. Hooper, as to whether you should try the teaser rates for the November opening of the hotel, ask yourself how much of a gambler are you? There is every chance in the world that the hotel will not be ready to open on time. And then what do you get... a credit voucher to be used later... or a transfer to the other Excellence resort? Methinks the type of person who reads Trip Advisor is not the type of person who likes to gamble on this, but if you are, and are prepared to accept the uncertainties of the situation, go for it.

North Yorkshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres

Hello Kelly830,

Regarding your inquiry about the new hotel Playa Mujeres. I have just returned from the Excellence hotel in Cancun this new hotel belongs to that group of hotels. They are opening it on the 1st October 07 and apparently it is on time. I also am interested in it as I was talking to one of the senior managers at Excellence and he told me that this new hotel will be top of the range with all the latest mod/cons. It sounded great but I can't find a site yet that tell you about it. But there was a American couple we were talking to that said he has seen a site with it on but it had an artist impression instead of photo's. Guess it is too early for them yet. Anyway from what we could find out it will be well worth a visit we are going to give them a few months to sort them selves out then we intend to visit them in March08 so if you still haven't been there by then I will pass on our findings to you if you like.

All the best Tony and Barbara our email is tonybarbfiley@aol.com