We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Restaurant Closures

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kemptville, Canada
Level Contributor
526 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
October Restaurant Closures

Can anyone tell me what restaurants will be closed on the last week of October? Oct 26 - Nov 2

Thanks

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
845 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Restaurant Closures

Wayne, Thanks for asking the question.

And how about the second week in October (5 thru 12)? That's when we'll be down again.

I love these twice a year trips!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October Restaurant Closures

I'll be in Cancun for two weeks in October (4th-18th). There will be a Catamaran booze cruise to Isla one day and at least another day adventure using the Ultramar ferry, my mapchick map and a golf cart. My good friend who has never been to Mexico is joining us for this trip. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the Caribbean ocean for the first time driving to our resort.

Anyways as long as Ballyhoo is open I'll be happy.

Edited: 9:30 am, July 25, 2014
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Restaurant Closures

I know Olivia closes in October but not sure if for the whole month or just part of it.

Kemptville, Canada
Level Contributor
526 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October Restaurant Closures

I am sure Bally Hoo will be open and that make me and my Girls happy too. I actually brought home 2 bottles of tamarind sauce from Isla last December. Great stuff but just not the same tacos as Bally Hoos.

Kenai
Level Contributor
669 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October Restaurant Closures

Wayne??? Going down in October?? Any chance of you and your girls revisiting in december? We will be down the first 3 weeks december..

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
659 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October Restaurant Closures

We will be visiting for the 1st time in October - will the beach bars / clubs still be open this time of year?

New Milford...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October Restaurant Closures

Wayne P. That is some awesome sauce. Did you have to keep it cold traveling home? The waiter once told me we had to.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October Restaurant Closures

AliGaz, yes. No worries.

Kemptville, Canada
Level Contributor
526 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October Restaurant Closures

Beats 1960,

The sauce is in sealed bottles and does not need refridgeration until opened, maybe not even then. The sauce is a tamarind sauce by (DELICIASO) available at most stores. Although Bally Hoos tells you that they make their own sauce, trust me what I purchased is the Real McCoy! It was DMartin that posted a picture of the Bottle on this forum and He was absolutely right about the product.

New Milford...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October Restaurant Closures

Thanks Wayne P.

Guess I'll be bringing some bubble wrap down with me!!