We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to rent a golf cart from?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Austin
Level Contributor
323 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to rent a golf cart from?

My girlfriend and I will be staying is isla for a few days and want to rent a golf cart for at least half of a day to see the whole island. I was just wondering if most of the rental places are priced the same, or if there is a specific place that has the best deals. Also, are carts cheaper during the offseason and what shoudl I expect to spend for a full or half day? Thanks

laplace,la
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

Price for all day should be about $45 US.There are lots of places to choose from. You can bargain the price down if they're asking more. Be sure the cart has a rear view mirrow. Normal hours are from 9 AM to 5 PM.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

We have used Ciro's twice with absolutely no problems. The carts are immaculate and almost new. We were just in Isla last week. The young guy who works the desk is very accomodating. Bargain of you will, should be about $45 for 24 hours. Have fun!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
210 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

I'd like to know too, as we'll be in Isla next week. Prisma Golf Carts has a 10% off discount online. Why not print it up just in case isla-mujeres.net/rentadoras/prisma/prisma.htm

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
933 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

I have heard good things about El Sol as well. I cannot vouch for them as I have not been there but planning to in November so I have done some research and asked around on the message boards.

CO
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

I didn't rent a golf cart but did rent the little motos-really fun and I had never been on one before. The are faster but easy to ride, with storage under the seat. Had a bad experience with rentadora de Motos "BURGOS", though.....recommend you look elsewhere for rentals...

CO
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

I didn't rent a golf cart but did rent the little motos-really fun and I had never been on one before. The are faster but easy to ride, with storage under the seat. Had a bad experience with rentadora de Motos "BURGOS", though.....recommend you look elsewhere for rentals...

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,054 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

I can vouch for El Sol, we use them all the time, nice well maintained carts and service

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

We're from the motor city, we want a rental car for the week.

Should we rent one at the airport or wait until we get to the island?

How much is the ferry for the car and passengers?

Will we be safe, renting a car?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

what about a weekly rental of the golf carts?? Do they do that?

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
433 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to rent a golf cart from?

You can't rent a car on Isla --just scooters and golf carts. The isla is too small for a car and the ferry from Cancun does not carry cars.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico