We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rolandi questions...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Rolandi questions...

Hi all...

Three weeks from today, we will be on isla!!!

We booked VR directly on the site, a package that was offered. It included half board plus round-trip transportation from Airport to resort and back. Few other things. Romance package.

I emailed before we booked because I was

concerned about the take over by AMresorts. I received a rather prompt response for Mexico time, three days :) reassuring me that only administrative is changing and there wouldn't be any construction or other disturbances.

So I went ahead and booked the package.

Now though, I'm rather concerned. I've heard nothing since then.

I emailed inquiring about how the transportation works and for some better clarification on exactly what it was. I had read conflicting things. Like they only offer dock to motel and back. Not from the airport. But the package I booked said they pick you up from the airport in a SUV. Then the yacht to the VR, round trip.

I also inquired about spa services and other whatever's. I'm concerned because I have yet to hear anything back. At all. Since I booked.

Makes me nervous. I'm the ultimate planner.

Not having confirmation of my transport and at least knowing what's avavaible at the spa helps.

Anybody have any experience with VR and can offer some insight has to when they might email telling me about transport. Or inquiring when my flight is in. Seems like something they might need to know.

Also have read that there are not coffee makers in the room. And that there Are..I am a very early riser. Coffee is part of that ;)

I was planning on taking some form of coffee maker to have this available, but don't want to drag unnecessary things. Space is already limited. I'm a shoe freak ;)

Is there coffee makers in suite?

My other half, doesn't drink. At all. Only Ice tea. And water. And his tea. Can't be flavored or powdered. Prefers brewed tea. Or sun tea.

Several trips down, and I've never had good tea. It's always lemon flavored or sweet. He ain't having any of that. Silly question, has anybody seen just plain ol' Ice tea anywhere on isla?

Or should I take some packs and make it?

Thanks all for reading my ramblings!!

Happy travels

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Villa Rolandi questions...

Globetrekker, I am with you. HOT coffee in my pajamas as soon as I wake up and a nice cuppa any time I have a mind for it. I am grateful someone on the forum suggested a portable brewer. Mine works a charm and takes up very little space.

I also appreciate the recommendations not to over pack,. :) Do we need watershoes for the beach?

jleigh81, any news?

Midsomer Norton...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Villa Rolandi questions...

No water shoes required on Playa Norte but you may want to consider them if you snorkel Garrafon

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Villa Rolandi questions...

Dave, I think FineMind is asking about water shoes for the beach at Villa Rolandi.

I have not been to that specific beach but most of the water on that side does have lots of seagrass, I would make sure I had water shoes.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,175 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Villa Rolandi questions...

Yes, there's sea grass at VR and someone stepped on an urchin while we were there. So if you're going to wade through the sea grass to go farther out in the water, then yes, bring water shoes.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Villa Rolandi questions...

Hi all,

Thanks for the answers. Went and got a little 5 cup brewer. It will work for his tea and my coffee. I'm a coffee snob, own a coffee shop and need "my" brand anyways. It's small, cheap and even if I don't bring it back home I'm wouldn't miss it. So,that works. Got the golf cart from Indios reserved for our stay. Just need a few little more things from the store. Like water shoes lol And we're ready to go. 19 days whoooooop!!!!

Just has soon has the VR decides to tell who to look for at the airport and when. Still haven't heard back yet.

Hopefully soon.

I get anxious not having things confirmed.

Happy travels

16. Re: Villa Rolandi questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 24, 2015