We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AeroMexico Airlines

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
302 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
AeroMexico Airlines

Is anyone familiar with flying AeroMexico Airlines? If so, would appreciate your feedback. I see that it is operated by Delta. We usually fly Delta, but I am searching for March 2015 non stop out of Detroit, MI and even though Delta offers the same days and times, the price is much higher than the exact same day and time on AeroMexico. I am just hesitant as I know nothing at all about AeroMexico. Thank you in advance!

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

So they could use their air miles on other flights?

Michigan
Level Contributor
302 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

I booked with aeromexico and check in at the airport with delta, goes toward delta sky miles, delta baggage policies and call delta with any questions, etc, yesterday aeromexico was a lot cheaper, today same flight delta is a lot cheaper....no rhyme or reason that I can see.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
100 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

So now when you purchase a ticket you'll automatically factor in how many pieces of luggage you'll be carrying and then add that cost to your ticket cost?

I normally check ticket prices 1-2 times a week on a wish date and I had noticed the prices had been a bit lower as of late. I don't know that there's any connection, but it makes me a bit curious.

ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

Dmartin.. if you purchased your tickets prior to April 8 your still grandfathered in for checked bag fee... We bought our tickets in Jan for June trip so this time its free.. One of the reasons I loved AA was because we got a free checked bad... bummer!

Kansas City Mo.
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

My husband and I, have flown Aero Mexico through Funjet from MCI nonstop several times. We check in at the Delta counter, but they have a line just for the Funjet charter. I think that Aero Mexico have newer planes and the crew were very nice. When you land in Mexico on Aero Mexico, you don't have to wait for customs to board your plane and check it, you get to pull right up to your gate.

Boston
Level Contributor
342 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

Airline credit cards now typically allow you to check a bag or two for free if you used the airline's own card to purchase flights. There will be an annual fee, but if you fly on the same airline more than once a year the card pretty much pays for itself.

NY
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

We tried to use AA CC to get the free checked bag on US Air in Feb, and they wouldn't allow it b/c merger isn't complete yet.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

I flew Aeromexico on Wednesday 02 July 2014 on Flight 451 (Depart 11.34am) from Mexico City to Havana. It was the worst airline experience I have ever had.

We arrived Mexico City Juarez Intl (MEX) Terminal 2 in plenty of time as we had a transfer organised from our Hotel by Flight Centre prior to departing Australia. Our flights were confirmed in early May 2014.

But on arrival at Departures, after handing over our E ticket and passports, we were asked to stand aside and wait for 15 minutes. When we returned to the queue to obtain our boarding passes, the operator took about 7 to 10 minutes to search her screen and then explained that she could not find seats and could be stand aside and wait for a further 30 minutes. We became anxious during this wait and upon returning to the Departures desk we were told there was only one seat available on the plane. We insisted that this was unacceptable; that we had confirmed tickets; that the delay would cause us to miss the flight and could she try to find a second seat urgently. It did not help that we could not speak Spanish.

We were asked to stand aside again whilst a seat was sought. After about 10 minutes we returned to the desk and expressed concern that we still did not have boarding passes required and needed to urgently board our flight. The operator said she could not issue us with a boarding pass at that stage (it was too late) and we needed to go across to the queue where passengers, who already had boarding passes were submitting their luggage to retrieve the boarding passes. We were told we were sitting in separate areas of the plane.

Security would not let us enter this section without boarding passes (our inability to speak Spanish was a problem) but fortunately bystanders kindly recognised our plight and translated for us, and conveyed our desperation to board the plane and retrieve our boarding passes. As a consequence were were led to an operator to retrieve our boarding passes, but we were advised that our luggage was too late to be loaded.

We expressed dismay that we could not load our luggage and then, inexplicably, it was able to be loaded at the last minute.

We then had to run through security and through to the boarding gate and collect our visas for Cuba along the way. This was pretty harrowing because last calls for our flight were being made and we needed to complete our Cuban visa passes before boarding the flight.

I cannot express how stressed we felt after a couple of hours of having been mucked about with this flight and whilst completing our Cuban visas, with everyone else on the plane, the intercom system was calling last flight calls with our names.

We did manage to board Flight Aeomexico (AM) - 451, and were seated separately at different ends of the plane (I was placed in first class).

But the plane was half empty!

We asked the Cubans what did they think had gone wrong with our boarding of the plane and they said that they thought someone wanted a bribe! We can't be sure but it was a very scary situation and it would have ruined our trip if we had not been able to depart that day.

I WOULD NEVER FLY AEROMEXICO AGAIN AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

I would not necessarily use the above admittedly bad experience to judge an airline forever. If you pick ANY airline and do a google search on bad experiences, you will come up with a bevy of horror stories as bad as that for each one -- some more than others.

Every airline has it's troubles from time to time, but I like to make judgments based on a preponderance of evidence (which tends favorable for AM).

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic to your plight, but bad experiences happen with everyone at times.

Kemptville, Canada
Level Contributor
526 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: AeroMexico Airlines

Well said gk101. If everyone stopped flying airlines because of bad experiences, we would all be walking to Mexico. We do tend however to avoid the ones with which we have personally had bad experiences. So Suemox's post is well taken because of the stressful flight she endured.