We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short 3rd day report

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
short 3rd day report

So happy to be out of the cold and snow! Great flight with West jet, flew through customs and getting our luggage and transfer with USA. Best yet!

Another great stay with Jeri and Steve at La Vida Dulce in Unit 2. Have my vote for best innkeepers ever. Just sitting on the roofdeck with Pirate the cat enjoying the blue skies under the palapa. No crispy critters for us...DH being the fair person he is. Apparently it rained last night but I was out cold and missed it. Lots of puddles.

Sat under the palms the last couple of days with the beach chairs. The beach clubs looked really full. Not that many boats. I'm wondering if all the day trippers excursions are mooring behind the restaurants now met some nice people for a chat. Did my usual shopping at the grocery store and the market. Lots of fresh juice and fruit.

New bank at Juarez and Morales, Banamex. I think it was open... very new

So now to food...

Did alexias and Giovanni's and the one next to it for breakfast divorced eggs, eggs ranchero... yum.. A&G was better. Very disappointed in Magagua. Went for breakfast this morning and they've changed their menu. No divorced eggs which used to be great and no breakfast specials. Very expensive and very mediocre. Even the coffee wasn't great. Busy though so they must be hitting some notes with the new menu. Poor DH, he was so looking forward to eating there again. New fav breakfasr indulgence. Banana bread French toast at Roosters. We almost had a war of forks over it. New Roosters to Go over by the Francis Arlene.

Shared a traditional pita from pita amore. Love the hint of curry. Have to try the chicken with garlic mushrooms next. He was cooking one while doing ours and it smelled great. Shared a pizza at Momma Rosa's, crispy and tasty. Pasta at Rolandi's DH said that their 4 cheese sauce was better than mine! I tasted it and he was right 😢. I'm going to have to work on that 😃 I had the rolandi's, very good but we should have shared just one as they were huge. Pork chop, or should I say small pork roast at Freddy's and the steak brochette. The chop defeated me and so did the potatoes.

So off to palm trees. Have to drop into Hortensia's to order a few dresses and I think I'm going to have her make me some table mats too, maybe not today.. another lazy day on isla. Nothing to do and all day to do it.

Boston
Level Contributor
342 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: short 3rd day report

Thanks--very nice report. Let us know if you get a chance to try Roosters to go--I noticed the storefront but it was closed when we walked by.

Edited: 12:54 pm, February 20, 2014
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short 3rd day report

Sounds wonderful. Thank you! The Banamex has been there for a couple of years now. We've been using the ATMs there instead of at HSBC. Too bad about Mogagua. I agree that their breakfasts used to be great. Ditto for their coffee.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: short 3rd day report

"Nothing to do and all day to do it"- I love that!

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time :)

I would love to see photos of your dresses made by Hortensia ( placemats, too if you do that). I love the idea of having a sundress made by her when I'm there and would like to see a sample of her work if possible!

Hope you keep having happy lazy days on Isla ;)

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: short 3rd day report

I guess I didn't notice the Banamex before, travelerny. I have an HSBC account so wasn't looking for another bank. Used to use the Banamex on the mainland all the time before though.

I'd be happy to put some pics up of the dresses and placemats Angie.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: short 3rd day report

1uvthe5un- thanks! That would be great :)

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,828 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: short 3rd day report

Love that pork chop at Fredy's. Sounds like a great time--thanks for sharing.

Kenai
Level Contributor
669 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: short 3rd day report

What was your husband thinking, telling you rolandis sauce is better?..tsk,tsk..... My husband will only say " almost as good..." Lol

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: short 3rd day report

Well he did backtrack a bit, saying that they probably use different cheeses. I'll go with that! It was yummy.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
666 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: short 3rd day report

1uvthe5un: Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you're having another wonderful time. Agreed - the pork chop at Fredy's is amazing, as is the baked shrimp.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: short 3rd day report

"Banana bread French toast at Roosters"...?!?!? mmmm *Adds to my list*

Didn't I read somewhere on someone's TR that there was a place that served Coconut French Toast?

Maybe Mango's? I am crazy for anything coconut, so please tell me I did not just dream that! :)