We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new york
Level Contributor
20,743 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

Ok, I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to stay in the platinum suite so I need some advice from those who have stayed in one. We've stayed in the suite deluxe (very nice) and suite premier (even better as we had two closets). How does the platinum suite differ from a suite premier aside from having the dipping pool? Also, I'm wondering whether sitting in the sun all day would make the dipping pool more like a bath tub, in which case I wouldn't really like it much. I can see it being great in winter, but not sure about warmer months like May or June. And are all platinum suites ocean view? If I go for the PS I'd really love a killer view. Finally, do they still include free transfer to and from airport with the platinum suite?

new york
Level Contributor
20,743 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

Thanks, DB, I was hoping you'd weigh in :) still dithering about whether its worth it. Not sure I like the fact that its just one closet and a dinky main bathroom for all the extra cost. So I'm still trying to decide. You're right, liquor is not an issue as we don't drink during the day and mostly wine at night. The view does sound enticing, as does the dipping pool but not if it's not cleaned as Paradisiaque experienced.

Kenai
Level Contributor
695 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

Our dip ping pool was clean. The main suite bathroom is small AND dark... Might not be true of all the suites though. The upstairs bathroom was much lighter and bigger..there is a door from the shower out to the rooftop for convenience not private enough (for me) to shower with that door open. A thunderstorm is spectacular up there, and a little scary!

new york
Level Contributor
20,743 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

Thanks, everyone. I think we'll go with the honeymoon suite. I loved having two closets and I don't like small bathrooms so I don't see a huge advantage to paying extra for the platinum suite. I appreciate everyone's input; it really helped in making the decision.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

Does anyone know if the platinum suites have double beds or are they all king beds?

kansas city
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

The beach is fine if you like hearing boom boom thump thump for six hours a day from the beach club next door.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

gottavacation - all of the rooms at PA have king beds. That's one of the things I love about PA - no worrying if you will get stuck with two doubles. Of course, it also means that the resort is not a good place for a friends trip unless you book separate rooms or a presidential (two bedroom).

Hyannis...
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

TNY, it's funny, my wife and I went through the same deliberation ourselves before we booked for Feb. This will be our 4th stay at PA, always in what I guess now is called a honeymoon suite.....we have our favorite! We thought the lure of the roof top patio and pool would keep us from the beach and we didn't want to lose any of our beach time.

For those asking about the beach, I totally agree with TNY....love the beach at PA...plenty of chairs, palapas, great service, good food, plenty of space and the water is deeper.

We like the food at Cafe del Mar and go AI for lunch and a few dinners there but also will go out for dinner as well, so many places we still have to try!

Will be making that ferry ride in about 6 weeks!

new york
Level Contributor
20,743 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

We thought the same thing, CapeEscapees, that we'd never leave the suite, lol. So we'll stay with the honeymoon suite and hang on the beach instead. Lucky you that it's just six weeks; for us in several months. Have fun!

19. Re: Platinum Suite at Privilege Aluxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 21, 2014