We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

The Reef Club and Baccara in Cancun have been sold to a Mexico Company. Can't get their name but the resort is now called MIA Reef Isla Mujeres. Changes that affect us, the owners, that I have been informed off are: No more free drinks from 9-5, period, that's gone. The resort is completely smoke free, no smoking anywhere not even on our balcony. Transfers to the airport are now $30. They also plan on making the resort completely all-inclusive. For those who did not purchase that option (like us) they MAY still honor us as pay as we go. We better check our contracts because who knows what else is coming. The bridge to the resort has been repaired. The pool is completely torn out and they are expanding it and will do the same to the pool side restaurant. Photos of completion are gorgeous. I have no idea of the completion date. =^••^=

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,782 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

Thanks, Doodles.

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

do you know if they are still accepting developer weeks?

Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

That is a very good question. I haven't thought about that. I would suggest calling the owner's reservation number and ask them. The number I have is 1-866-464-5327. That number was as of October 2012. Not sure if it has changed. Best of luck to all of us owners. =^..^=

Orlando, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

I just received my maintenance fee bill and they list a billing member services number as 866-296-4814, outside the US or Canada 619-683-7440. In their letter they are referring any membership questions to 877-243-7883. I hope this is helpful.

Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

Thank you for the updated phone numbers. Our next maintenance is not due until 2015. We still have not received a notice of any sort regarding the changes. The only reason we found out was because we happened to be on site-hence this post. We appreciate all the feedback that people have been posting. And of course we are curious-did your maintenance fee go up or stay the same? =^..^=

Orlando, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
56. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

Our Maintenance fee for 2014 is $677.00 we own a one bedroom unit. I would have to check but I think that it is close to what it was last year. However this year they offered a medical evacuation insurance for an additional $44.00 they did not offer that last year.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
57. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

at 677 maintenance fee for a week.RENT A HOTEL OR CONDO for less than that and no initial investment

Orlando, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
58. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

The units are much larger than a hotel and their use to be additional benefits we received as owners, such as free drinks, priority reservations just to name a few. The original cost was not very much, however if they do not honor our contract we have found other location that are very nice where we will stay.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

this place is a hell hole. i have been to the island many times. this place is absolutely dreadful.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
72 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: ATTN- Avalon Reef Club Members (owners)

I certainly wouldn't refer to The Avalon as " a hell hole", yes the tower needs work, but the villas are wonderful. The location is one of the best on the island. Let's give the new owners a chance to make some changes and do the renovations before we refer to it in such a harsh manner.