We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Induna Sandwiches?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
MN
Level Contributor
626 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Induna Sandwiches?

Does anyone have an idea what's in the sandwiches they serve on the sunset cruise? It's been 8 months since I had them and my memory is that they had chicken, diced tomatoes, cilantro... That's all I can remember. And I think the secret might be the "sauce" it was all mixed together with. Thanks!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

Those sandwiches were awesome!! Would love the recipe if anyone can come up with something close to it! Then while eating it, I can just close my eyes and dream I am on Induna in Isla, when I am here and not there.

MN
Level Contributor
626 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

I will ask when we sail with them again in February. For now I am thinking it is chicken with chopped tomatoes and cilantro, mixed with mayo that has a small amount of Tabasco. I haven't had a chance to try it this way yet. Last time I tried to replicate the sandwiches I used Latin mayo I found in the organic foods section at my local grocery store. That was too strong. I think a drop of Tabasco in the mayo may indeed be the secret.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

Are you sure it's mayo, or is it something like Heinz Salad Cream, which is more popular outside the US? I remember discussion of an Isla cole slaw recipe a few years back and it turned out the key difference was using the Salad Cream instead of regular mayo. I guess it's like mayo vs. Miracle Whip.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

I'm sure Liam said mayo. I am a total mayo addict and remember when someone includes it in a recipe. Yum. Love those sandwiches.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

Wow, only 23 miles to Grayslake from Kraft HQ and you're not addicted to the tangy zip of Miracle Whip?

When I went to school in Texas I was informed that my preference for Miracle Whip was "soooo Yankee."

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

Nope, I'm a mayo girl all the way!!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,471 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

Doug, I love miracle whip, too.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,498 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

I think it's a regional thing. I can't stand Miracle Whip and thankfully most places around here use Mayo.

19. Re: Induna Sandwiches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014