Recently returned from my 8th visit to the island in less than 2 years (yes, I need an intervention). I must confess I always use to look down on people who went back to the same place over and over, thinking the world is so big, why don't they explore! Now I eat crow! I am one of those people. What can I say, I found my happy place....
I won't bore you with a trip report. Who wants to hear about my watching the sunrise, walking around town and basically doing nothing. I did have many little moments during my last trip that reminded me that I go to Isla a lot so I thought I would compile them in a not-taking-itself-seriously Top Ten. Here goes...
10. Two sentences you hear more and more: 'You're here again!' and 'Vives aqui?'
9. You are giving your new-to-the-island taxista directions.
8. Islenos ask if YOU remember them, not the other way around.
7. You have once appeared on Wentcoastal's blog.
6. You know where Maria and her pepitas live.
5. Your Facebook friends no longer comment on how often you are there. Frankly, at this point, they just assume you never left.
4. You sometimes score the 'local discount' in restaurants without ever asking.
3. The minute you arrive to Puerto Juarez, you run into someone you know.
2. You know more island 'chisme' that you'll ever care to know.
1. Ferry rides back to Puerto Juarez are not a sad affair, because most of the time, next trip is already planned!
What are your signs telling you that you are an Islaholic?