We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Rico
2 posts
Save Topic
Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

I'm going to Isla Mujeres the first week of august 2006, and I would like to snorkle with Whale Sharks. I've heard of Aqua Adventures and Delfin Divers. I prefer to go with small groups so I can have more chance to swim with the sharks. Any recommendations?????

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,541 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

From what I have heard/read, you can only go w/someone specifically licensed to to snorkel w/the whale sharks. I do know that Donna @ Aqua Adventures recently did this - I don't think they do them, but would surely recommend someone who can take you. email her from their website. I am sure they would be small groups, as they are very restricted. Best of luck! :)

Puerto Rico
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

Thanks for the reply. I'll write Donna to book my tour. I'm really excited about it. :)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,541 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

Hello again! Just to clarify - I don't think Aqua Adv. books them, but Donna will be very helpful in telling you where you can book. She has to be one of the most helpful people on the island! If you have time, I would also do a snorkel trip to Isla Contoy w/ Capt. Tony - you would love that as well. Have a wonderful time! :)

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

Just had clients come back from Holbox yesterday. here is their website:

www.holboxwhalesharktours.com

Its 80usdPP.....

From USA 915-590-0727

Saint Petersburg
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

Did you ever find a good tour for thw whale sharks from isla mujeres? were there plenty to choose from and did you have to book in advance? we are going in two weeks.

thanks

michelle

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

Searious Diving - islawhalesharks.com is a very good guide, I also recommend Aqua Adventures, they are very good as well.

Saint Petersburg
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

Thanks for sponding. i have checked serious diving. They only let you book one week in advance or once you have arrived. just wanted to get everyones opinion. anyone else out there use serious diving? do you get to rescedule if you don't see the whale sharks? were they professional? any other companies that are goodand depart strickly from isla?

thanks again

michelle

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

We've gone with Ramon at Searious and he is awesome.

Everyone that I know who comes back from a tour with him is blown away by his knowledge and care of the whalesharks. He has over 20 years experience and you know Ramon loves what he does :) and if he says you'll see them, you will!

We went 2 years ago and we saw at least 30!

Laguna Niguel, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

We are going to isla mujeres this July, 2009, are you able to snorkel with the whale sharks from isla or do you have to go to holbox? we are all certified divers, are we better off snorkeling or diving with the sharks?

Paso Robles, CA, USA
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Any recommendations for Whale Shark tour in Isla Mujeres????

Are the whale sharks there as early as May? I would love to see them and am interested if it is better to snorkle or scuba also.