We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
121 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

My fiance and I are planning a wedding on Isla, and we're so excited about returning and introducing our guests to the island that we love. We'll be arriving on a Tuesday, hosting a welcome dinner on Friday, and getting married on Saturday. We plan to fly home the following weekend but can't decide whether to stay on the island or head somewhere else for a honeymoon. We were initially thinking that we would stay on Isla after the wedding, but then a friend of mine very strongly suggested that we "escape" for more of a real honeymoon, and now I can't decide what to do!

We expect 30-50 guests. I imagine that most will arrive on Thursday, and those with kids in school or those with not much vacation time will leave on Monday or Tuesday, whereas others will stay the following week. The wedding will be at Sunset Grill, and we are suggesting that guests stay nearby (Ixchel, Privilege Aluxes, Posada del Mar, or Cabanas Maria del Mar).

We plan to stay at Ixchel for the wedding, and if we stay on the island afterwards one option we've considered is to book a suite at Privilege Aluxes after the wedding. I'm thinking we could hang out a little bit on the island with any guests who remain but also have a nice suite to return to each night for some alone time (a platinum or honeymoon suite? have never stayed there). Alternatively, we could book somewhere else on the island like Hotel Villa Rolandi or Casa de los Suenos and be a little bit more on our own.

I've also been looking at all-inclusive resorts in Playa Mujeres (Excellence and Beloved), mostly because now I'm wondering if we might want to be completely on our own after the wedding (and perhaps at the type of resort that we would typically never splurge on). But at the same time I worry that we would miss Isla (we're getting married there because we love it, after all). Any thoughts?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

Ahh so many choices!

I love villa Rolandi as well as casa de los suenos. Both are very romantic.

But you mentioned splurging for that I would go to Maroma Resort......incredible. And not too far from Isla! Or you could go to Tulum. It's low season so you could always wing it and see how you feel about leaving Isla ;-)

Congrats!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

I would stay at Villa Rolandi. Really classy hotel with a wonderful staff and removed from everything and everyone so you can be social if you wish and escape if you want privacy. Beautiful pools, nice little beach (it's small but very private) and great food. I would definitely stay there on my honeymoon.

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
863 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

I would recommend Villa Rolandi also. Perfect honeymoon spot.

4. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:58 am, October 07, 2013
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

Wow nice low season specials at Villa Rolandi during the next couple of weeks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
121 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

We won't be there until May, but now I will definitely keep my eye on Villa Rolandi. Thanks for the suggestions!

michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

Casa Sirena is fabulous, Tulum is amazingly beautiful and would be something very special. Do what makes you the less stressed! We were married in PDC in 2005 and had 50 people come down. We spent our first week in Playa then went to Tulum for 2 nights and then came back to playa. (2 weeks total).

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

We have stayed at EPM four times... We love it, but I feel the island has been pulling us away.... Try VR or Villa La Bella, and maybe stay your last day at EPM... Head over early in the morning, spend the day and night, and head to airport from EPM... Easier trip to airport... And your last day/ night of your trip will be elegant .

San Diego...
Level Contributor
121 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

I've been to Tulum once, and I loved it. My fiance has never really stayed anywhere on the mainland (he's only been to Cozumel and Isla), so this might be a good opportunity to do it. If we do stay on Isla, EPM also looks like a great place for a relaxing honeymoon, and it's a nice idea to spend our last day there to check it out. Thanks!

10. Re: Honeymoon options after wedding on Isla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 29, 2014