We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific bar on the north island

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Specific bar on the north island

Hi, I was in Isla this past April and had a beer at a great palap bar on the north beach. A friend is going there and want to recommend but, cant remember what the name is. So, let's play the game of, Name that bar :) It was a great big palap bar that had swings for the bar stools and there was a great big stage in the back with table and chairs on the sand. I dont believe it was Sunset Grill; it was a bit further in the direction of Avalon. What bar am I? Thank you -----

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Specific bar on the north island

Buho's. Unless Chimbo's has also added bar swings, which seem to be appearing everywhere now. But Buho's has been known for their bar swings for years.

Chimbo's is virtually next to Ixchel Beach, Buho's is closer to the Avalon Reef.

Edited: 4:13 pm, September 18, 2013
Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specific bar on the north island

I say Buhos. Big palapa and swings.....it fits :).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specific bar on the north island

Ding Ding Ding! That's it - Buho's. Thanks so much all!

4. Re: Specific bar on the north island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 20, 2014