We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

We are headed to Cancun Oct 5th. We will be spending a day on Island. Where do you recommend 42 of go to hang out? We are looking for beautiful beach and bar for drinks and food.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,506 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

Fenix , Zama or Captain Dulce's.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

I love the beach down by Fenix, but 42 is a good size group so it might be a bit crowded down that end. I'd say take the group out onto Playa Norte starting near Sunset Grill and make your way along the beach until you find a spot that will fit you all in comfortably. There are a number of places all along the beach and it might come down to who happens to be busier at the time you arrive that will determine which spot is best. Anywhere along Playa Norte will be a great spot. Captain Dulche's would also be a good place, but it is down on the other end of the island so you'd have quite a caravan to get there.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,645 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

If you go early you should be able to find a place that could accommodate that many people. Try Caribbean Queen and Chi Chi Charlie's.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

Chi chi n Charley's, Fenix or Bo Hoo's all on Playa Norte

Enjoy

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

Since you are going early October, which is pretty much the slowest time of the entire year, I think you will find that you won't have any trouble. All the suggestions are good. Sunset Grill won't have that many loungers for you, but they also have tables/chairs in the sand and on the deck if your group will be eating.

Personally, I think Fenix Lounge is a great idea.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
847 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

I think Rick S's suggestion may work best for you. When you get off the ferry, turn to your left and walk towards North Beach. Before you get to North Beach you'll pass Caribbean Queen beach club. Past Caribbean Queen out at the turn to North Beach is Chi Chi and Charlies. If neither if these suit you keep walking, you'll first hit Sunset Grille and then on and on....... If you never find a place to plop for the whole day, you'll have a great time doing the beach bar crawl! Have fun!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
477 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

We like the Caribbean Queen easy to get to and close to main street if some want to wander off to shop But mostly because there is no charge for their chairs. cold beers and creamy pina colodas. enjoy your trip over.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

Thank you all your suggestions. I think we'll try to find Fenix - how do we get there?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,645 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

It’s the furthest from the ferry but definitely walkable. Should take about 15 minutes. From ferry hang a left and walk down Rueda Medina, the main strip, until you get to the end by Jax bar and grill. Hang a right onto Lopez Mateo and walk all the way to the end, and at Carlos Lazo turn left. Walk a block up to Zazil Ha, hang a right, then walk to end where Fenix is. Fenix will be on your left.

Thornton, New...
Level Contributor
969 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended beach/bar to hang out for a day with 42 friends

The area in front of Fenix is not big, but the sand is delightful and the water beautiful. You'd need to wade into the water and walk quite a distance for any depth over waist high, but it sure is nce to just stand in the water and sip your drink of choice.