We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

We have been to Isla twice now, with our children. It was the most fabulous vactions we have ever had. Our children are not what the tourist boards think of when setting up touristic stuff. Granted yes they liked swimming with the dolphins but since have done that now we never have to again. They are not huge amusement park place. The slow pace of Isla was perfect for our children, water sports, swim, snorkling.... Thats the way to go with them, (adults love my kids lol) They do no eat "kid food" and when ever they order something even here in the states that seems "odd" for the white, blonde Midwestern kids that they are, I just laugh at the responses of the servers and chefs. (NOT all American families are well American sterotypes lol)

Ok, that all said, I call out on those here families that might be world travelers. Tell me where in the world that would make us happier? What if we could afford more (love mexico cause its affordable! and then there is that paradise relaxing culture feel too). Where can we see the most wildlife and be able to swim in the waters. The calm beauty of north beach. Galapagos? Brazil? Caymans? Anguilla? where where where! Tell us. We have had a life medical event, in our lives that has up heaved all that we are in life. One day, I will be able to plan, and live. Till then I am going to plan that vacation, that perfect vacation. Help us do that!

michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

We travel to Negril, Jamaica every year for 2 weeks and always bring our daughter. We aren't AI type of people and prefer a condo or smaller hotels when we travel.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,474 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

Costa Rica is a great place to visit. Sounds like it might be a good fit.

USA
Level Contributor
786 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

St. John is absolutely stunning and has tons of beaches to go to (must rent a jeep) and great snorkeling. I would love to go back but it is more expensive than Isla and isn't quite as lively. Have you considered a non-beach trip like Spain or England or Italy? You can get a lot of sight-seeing and culture and still visit beach areas. Have fun planning!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,892 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

How about photo safari to Africa? That's certainly exotic.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

How about Thailand? Went to Phuket and a few other islands. Absolutely breathtaking. Airfare can be pricey, but food, activities, transportation and lodging are downright cheap in most areas.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

I have looked at Phuket as well, however other places have won out , so I just said Phuket and went elsewhere.

Omaha, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
33 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

I'd love to check out Utila or Roatan. Theres a treehouse you can stay in on Utila....looks amazing.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

Curaçao!!! Went there tjis past feb!! Amazing!!! Tons of different beaches and people seem nice! Also if u scuba there are tons of walk in places for it!!! We did have to rent car but most beaches are like 15 min from each other and they are all different! Good luck on your search! ;-)

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

My daughter ( and I ) really liked St. Lucia - visits to the rain forest, botanical gardens, the small fishing villages and the (dormant) volcanos, etc. She was 8 or 9 at the time.

It does help to know a little French, though.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: most exotic place ... that will make us happy besides Isla??

Tahiti.............Bali,,,,,,,,,,,,Detroit............LOL!