We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Isla on my first Night??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
354 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Isla on my first Night??

My plane lands in Cancun at around 7 PM on Saturday night - Assuming an hour (more likely more given likely delays, etc.) to the transfer point to Isla, will I be able to make it on the island in time on saturday night?

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

You should have no problem getting to Isla if your flight lands at 7:00pm. I have done this several times and always made it to Isla. Be sure you have a transport booked to Gran Puerto and you will have nothing to worry about. There was a recent thread about this same topic I will try to find it and post it for you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

I found the link from a few weeks ago. This should put your mind at ease. Have a great trip!!

tripadvisor.com/…49

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
666 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

Agree with Rick. I think the schedule of the ferry is every 30 minutes until 9:30 and then 10:30 then 11:30. So you should have plenty of time to make it

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

The Ultramar ferry leaves every 30 minutes until 8:30pm, then every hour on the half hour: 9:30pm, 10:30pm and the last one at 11:30pm.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,340 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

You'll probably make the 8:30 ferry. We're usually on Isla two hours after we land.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

When we went to Isla last year out flight got totally messed up. (Long story). We were supposed to land at 3:00 pm but instead landed after ten. And then faced a long customs line. With two workers.

We RAN through the airport. Paid an extra tip to the shuttle driver for hurrying. And BARELY made the last ferry. Whew.

Moral of the story: you should be fine landing at 7, and you will definitely be less stressed on landing than we were!

NY
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

We landed after 10 a few weeks ago, and made the last ferry by the skin of my teeth!!! At 7pm you should have no problem at all with timing.

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

You can do this! You're going to paradise: don't stress over this.

: )

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

and when you get there... hit the ground running- hidalgo street, tequila shots, etc...dont get too hammered on your way over so you can remember everything on your way back lol.

10. Re: Getting to Isla on my first Night??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 18, 2014